Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still no decision  (Read 985 times)

need advice 123

• View Profile
Still no decision
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »
I have one school left that I still havent gotten a decision from (and of course it is a school I really want to go to).  I applied in December, went complete in January, emailed three weeks ago to get a status check and I was told no decision had been made, I emailed again on Tuesday and again I was told that there still has not been a decision made.  Would I be correct in assuming that if it has taken this long and they still dont have a decision that I probably wont be getting accepted?  Thanks.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
Re: Still no decision
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
Yeah probably, but you never know, there are always exceptions- the only thing I've learned about the law school application process is it's a huge unknown- we don't know anything. Best of luck, and give 'em hell because that's ridiculous and far from courteous they still haven't given you a decision.
Yes: Baylor ($$), Houston ($$), Texas Tech (not interested)
No: UCLA, Wash U St. Louis, CU, Fordham
Maybe: SMU (Waitlisted), Texas (Waitlisted), Wisconsin(on "hold") UIUC (Waitlisted, Withdrawn)

God bless the Dallas Cowboys and Tony Romo

need advice 123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
So according to LSN there are quite a few people in a similar situation at this school.  Many of them are in my numbers range (GPA and LSAT) and a few that would appear to be auto admits.  There are also a few people with similar numbers to mine that sent in their app 2-3 months later than me and already have a decision.  This is really getting ridiculous now.  I really want to go to this school but the fact that it is taking so long it is putting me off the school. AHHHHH!!! damn you admissions process.  I think there should be a set date for all schools to have their decisions out.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
Wouldn't happens to be UNC, would it?

And be careful with LSN pendings. It's likely that most of them are just not updated.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

need advice 123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »
No, its not UNC.

Rhymnoceros

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'm the mother flippin'"
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
If its UCLA, they got swamped with applications and weren't able to handle it very well. At least that's what the adcomm who called me six months after i applied said.

newtocali

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
also waiting on one more school, cardozo.  they were waiting for a feb score from me but they have had my app since dec.  i sent in a seat deposit to davis so now im just waiting out of curiosity.  i did call a few days ago and was surprised to hear them say that they did not fill the class yet and are still accepting people. 

i kind of dont get how they can have a waitlist but still be accepting people as well but oh well.
10/07 - 158
02/08 - 161

so far - UM. USF. Pacific. UCD!!!
unfortunates - UCB.
waitlisting on - WCL. UCH.
waiting on - FU PT. CWRU. BNC.