I know this info is available elsewhere on this board for those who want to search, but as folks are finishing their UG final exams and turning their thoughts toward picking a school, I thought it might be useful to collect the rankings here.
Also: I'd like to make a plea to people who might have similar rankings for prior years. Almost every school in tier N will tell you that it has some new program that will move it up to tier N-1 by the time you graduate. Knowing where schools have been for the last few years would give us all some idea about whether these promises are at all credible.
(To give the one eg I know: Michigan State was T4 two years ago. Last year it went T3. It is now ranked 108--near the top of T3 (since T2 extends to 104 b/c of ties). It will likely be T2 b4 long. Cross-state rival Wayne State was at the top of T3 a few years ago, but has now fallen into a tie for 125--well behind. Two years ago, Wayne State was telling incoming students that it was about to crack T2. Not even close)
Please feel free to follow up w/ other similar stories.
Here are the #s:
105. (Tie) Creighton, U. Arkansas (Fayetteville), U. Maine
108. (Tie) Michigan State University, Quinnipiac U., U. Mississippi, U. Toledo
112. (Tie) Albany, U. Akron, U. Montana, U. San Francisco, U. St. Thomas (MN), Vermont
118. (Tie) Drake, Gonzaga, Howard, New York Law School, U. Idaho, U. Missouri-Kansas City, W. Virginia
125. (Tie) Cleveland State, Loyola - New Orleans, Texas Tech., U. Baltimore, U. Wyoming, Wayne State U.
131. (Tie) Chapman, Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Pace, U. Arkansas-Little Rock, Washburn
137. (Tie) Ohio Northern, Samford (Cumberland), Suffolk, U. South Dakota, Willamette
142. U. North Dakota
143. (Tie) Campbell, So. Illinois, Southwestern, U. Memphis, U. Tulsa, Valparaiso
149. Northern Illinois
150. (Tie) CUNY, William Mitchell
152. U. Dayton
153. (Tie) Duquesne, Florida International, John Marshall
156. (Tie) California Western, Northern Kentucky
158. (Tie) Nova Southeastern University, Roger Williams U., Widener
161. (Tie) Capital, Whittier
163. (Tie) Mississippi College, South Texas, St. Mary's, Texas Wesleyan, U. Detroit
168. (Tie) N.C. Central, Oklahoma City U., Texas Southern
171. (Tie) Florida Coastal, Regent, Western New England
174. (Tie) Golden Gate, New England, Southern, St. Thomas (FL), Thomas Jefferson
179. (Tie) Ave Maria, Touro
181. (Tie) Barry, Thomas Cooley, U. District of Columbia