Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Predicament!! Opinions needed!  (Read 554 times)

peppercorms

• View Profile
Predicament!! Opinions needed!
« on: May 08, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »
Okay so, I was all set to go to UGA. I was starting to get excited about Athens and all that good stuff, and then I thought that I might have a chance at the GSU out of state tuition waiver (my numbers quite above their 75%, I've already sent them a deposit, etc etc).

Before this happens though, I would like to here the debate:

GSU with in state tuition vs. UGA paying out-of-state tuition (for at least the first year, they seemed pretty friendly on getting residency established).

of couse, if I could get into Emory off of the waitlist I would'nt have either of these problems.. Such is life..

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Predicament!! Opinions needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
Sounds like two awful options. You realize they're in GEORGIA, right?

lawmusician

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »
I don't know what you're looking for from either school, but I went to grad. school at UGA and Athens is a great college town.  There is a lot to do downtown, and you wouldn't have to deal with the Atlanta traffic (which sucks) at GSU if you went to UGA. 

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 10:43:38 PM »
Definitely go to UGA over GSU.  The better career options (both out of school and long-term) far outweigh one year's extra tuition.

Good luck with the waitlist.  We overenrolled last year, so I don't know what that's going to do to this year's class.
Emory '09

LSN