Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TEMPLE VS BLS  (Read 1194 times)

guatibiri

• View Profile
TEMPLE VS BLS
« on: May 08, 2008, 06:54:23 PM »
What do people think?  Also, BLS offered me 24k per year and Temple offered full tuition.  If BLS came through with full tuition what would it be?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: TEMPLE VS BLS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »
I think it really depends where you want to practice.  If you want to work in NYC, BLS will give you a better shot.  If you want to work elsewhere, go for the money. 

Full tuition at BLS is around $38,500.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about BLS.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

GodspeedMUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 12:02:04 PM »
argh I just posted but it didn't work...

Anyways I got into both schools and didn't even consider Temple. Simple reason was I want to practise in NY metro area at graduation. Temple is probably slightly more respected nationally (mostly because it is connected to a larger institution and hence has better name recognition) while Brooklyn is way more respected in NY area.

I also think you need to visit. I just went on a three day long trip down the east cost to visit the schools I was seriously considering. Afterwards I was 100% sure I wanted to go to Brooklyn (going into the trip it wasn't #1 on my list). The atmosphere at Brooklyn (granted it was during exams) was chaotic and intense. The school seems to run on a very strong current of nervous energy.  For me this is great, I love being in these types of environments and they are the types of environments that I thrive in.  Other schools had a more relaxed vibe which admissions officers refer to as a collegial environment.  I personally find such environments to be stifling but that is a personal preference.  Clearly many people are attracted to the so called collegial environment. 
I didn't stop in at Temple so I can't give any advice on its school culture.
In- St. John's ($$$), Seton Hall ($$$$), Temple, Northeastern , Suffolk ($$) and American. Brooklyn

Out- Boston College, Fordham and George Washington.

Still waiting- BU.

LSAT 163 UGPA 3.3 Masters degrees with 3.95 GPA.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »
That's hilarious, Godspeed.  I hate to disappoint you, but I think of BLS as a place with a really collegial, friendly, relaxed vibe.  Your impression was undoubtedly colored by the fact that it's the middle of finals.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.