Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC WL  (Read 4273 times)

blues86

• View Profile
BC WL
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »
Anyone else going to ride it out this summer?

blues86

• View Profile
Re: BC WL
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:38:28 AM »
bumpitty bump

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:19 AM »
BC says they are over enrolled now so it doesn't sound good for WL movement.

It depends on how much above their goal they are. If there's a lot of movement on waitlists above them, it could trickle down.

Honestly, you won't know for sure until the week before (or even the first week of) classes.

rolls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »
I had both of my deposits down and just withdrew this week. Here's to hoping that you guys get the spots that are opening up! Seemed like a great place to be.
Penn Law Class of 2011

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
I had both of my deposits down and just withdrew this week. Here's to hoping that you guys get the spots that are opening up! Seemed like a great place to be.

You were holding down 2nd deposits at upenn AND bc?  I hate you

No, I saw in another thread he got in off the Penn waitlist a couple days ago.

Just out of curiousity . . . does it seem to anyone else like a TON of schools are overenrolled?  Off the top of my head I think I've read that coming from the admissions offices at Michigan, Cornell, William and Mary . . . I am suspicious.

(I don't know why I care, though, because I'm not riding any waitlists.  I'm a dork, I guess  ::))
At least I can f-ing think.

rolls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »

You were holding down 2nd deposits at upenn AND bc?  I hate you

No, I saw in another thread he got in off the Penn waitlist a couple days ago.

Just out of curiousity . . . does it seem to anyone else like a TON of schools are overenrolled?  Off the top of my head I think I've read that coming from the admissions offices at Michigan, Cornell, William and Mary . . . I am suspicious.

(I don't know why I care, though, because I'm not riding any waitlists.  I'm a dork, I guess  ::))

Right on, I benefited from waitlist movement myself and was just trying to pass on the goodwill to the BC hopefuls here.
Penn Law Class of 2011

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
Greenie is sensitive, and IMO understandably so . . . but congrats!

And what up, Cosmo?  Long time no see. 

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

I'm moving to DC around July 5th-ish.  Husband got a job (with raise!) and he starts around July 7th/8th.

Also, my last day at my job is July 1st *tear*

Yay, congrats!  (Or boo, for leaving your job).

I just don't understand how so many schools CAN be overenrolled, though . . . I thought that applicants had gone down, but that schools were being conservative in their admissions.  So what gives?  I wonder if a lot of people are double depositing.

I found housing in Boston over the weekend!  But I'm not moving until the middle of August.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »

I'm moving to DC around July 5th-ish.  Husband got a job (with raise!) and he starts around July 7th/8th.

Also, my last day at my job is July 1st *tear*

Yay, congrats!  (Or boo, for leaving your job).

I just don't understand how so many schools CAN be overenrolled, though . . . I thought that applicants had gone down, but that schools were being conservative in their admissions.  So what gives?  I wonder if a lot of people are double depositing.

I found housing in Boston over the weekend!  But I'm not moving until the middle of August.

Well then we should hang out.  I will be unemployed for 6 weeks lol.

Mos def.  Hey, do you still maybe want to temp?

Yeah, that's interesting . . . I wonder also if generally the number is reduced by people who just decide to do something else and not to go, take a year off, reapply, etc. but that maybe the number of people taking that route is substantially lower this year because the economy blows.

What school is that?

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
BC ended up being over enrolled this year.  They told us on the first day of orientation that our class is almost 300 and it is usually around 270.  From that I would guess that no one got off the waiting list. 

I don't know if anyone cares about this anymore or not, but I thought I'd post it in case someone is curious.  I know I was curious last year about how many people got off the waiting lists I was on, and maybe students from next year's cycle might be interested in what happened this year...
Boston College Class of 2011!