Law School Discussion

Completely blew two 3L finals- worst case scenario?

Completely blew two 3L finals- worst case scenario?
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »
I completly blew two 3L finals- wouldn't be surprised if I was worst in class for at least one of them, if not both. Some of my answers may have been in the form of largely incoherent gibberish.

My school has a recommended 2.85 mean.  What are the odds that I get the credit to graduate?

Re: Completely blew two 3L finals- worst case scenario?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:11:25 AM »
so, i'm guessing you don't have a job lined up already?

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
so, i'm guessing you don't have a job lined up already?

Yeah, but even if I did I wouldn't want to have to earn extra summer credits in order to graduate.  I'm really more concerned with graduation than with GPA at this point. 

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 12:15:40 AM »
Obviously depends on your school, but they may be hesitant to fail a graduating student. You may be looking at a C- or even a D, but I'll bet that you don't fail.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »
Well, I've come to find that whenever I feel horrible after an exam, it usually translates into a better grade than if I had felt good about my performance on the exam.  In fact, if an exam seems "easy" to me, or if I finish early, *that* is when I start to panic, because chances are good that I missed something.  So, try not to worry too much about grades, for you may find that you did better than you thought you did.

Dxion

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »
Just out of curiosity, is the above unlvcrjchick the same girl that threatened to sue other posters because they called her a whore here on LSD?

Yall, this was too funny. Some time ago,every time UNLVCHICK (I think that was her name) posted somebody would make a comment about her being a slut. One day she announced that she was going to subpoena LSD to get the IP addresses for everybody that had done so and sue them for lible or some crap. It was this big, hilarious affair. I remember that she spoke with an attorney about the situation. I'm sure he told her that doing something like that would really hurt her job prospects, because nobody wants to hire someone that hyper-sensitive.

She was really, really pissed, and the threats she was making were awesome.

I can't remember if the thread was deleted or not, but she used to have a picture under her name. I remember that she was blond and on Law Review. And went to UNLV. If someone more technially savvy than I can find it I'm sure yall would get a kick out of it.

I bet Jacy remembers it.

Anyway, if someone can find the thread it's comedy gold.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 10:41:45 AM »

I bet Jacy remembers it.

Hmmm...I don't think I remember that.  It'd be hard to search for, since it seems like the posting history for the student and grad side has been pretty much wiped out - you can't just click on a user name and go through old posts anymore.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 03:37:10 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is the above unlvcrjchick the same girl that threatened to sue other posters because they called her a whore here on LSD?

Yall, this was too funny. Some time ago,every time UNLVCHICK (I think that was her name) posted somebody would make a comment about her being a slut. One day she announced that she was going to subpoena LSD to get the IP addresses for everybody that had done so and sue them for lible or some crap. It was this big, hilarious affair. I remember that she spoke with an attorney about the situation. I'm sure he told her that doing something like that would really hurt her job prospects, because nobody wants to hire someone that hyper-sensitive.

She was really, really pissed, and the threats she was making were awesome.

I can't remember if the thread was deleted or not, but she used to have a picture under her name. I remember that she was blond and on Law Review. And went to UNLV. If someone more technially savvy than I can find it I'm sure yall would get a kick out of it.

I bet Jacy remembers it.

Anyway, if someone can find the thread it's comedy gold.

yeah i vaguely remember that. i'm pretty certain that it wasn't unlvchick though. i think that it was some t3 "all star" know-it-all who went by the name of "giraffe." i could be wrong though...

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
I never went by the name of Giraffe.  The poster you're referring to is Giraffe205, and below is a link to the last thread on which she posted:  if she really did have people calling her names like that, and if she really was as offended as you say, then I'm assuming that she petitioned LSD to have those posts removed.  Anyway, just click on her user name, and you can see all of her last posts (that is how I found this one):

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,3006022.0.html

Oh, and she, like I did, attended UNLV (she graduated last year, though, whereas I graduate next week), and she was an editor on LR (I was on LR but was not an editor).  Although I did not know her that well, she seemed affable when I talked to her in class a few times.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
Obviously depends on your school, but they may be hesitant to fail a graduating student. You may be looking at a C- or even a D, but I'll bet that you don't fail.

You were correct.  Turns out I got a c- and c+.  Cheers!