Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Latin root words ...  (Read 467 times)

FutureOneL

• View Profile
    • Email
Latin root words ...
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
I am making electronic flash cards of latin root words or vocab I would like to become more familiar with before going to law school.

Please post any words that you think would be helpfull to learn.

Thanks

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Latin root words ...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »
This is not a productive use of your time.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

FutureOneL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »
I usually never have any free time between work and school and Im too tired to do anything physical... So instead of browsing around on the net I thought flashcards would be a good idea.

Im bored... I just got done with Law Library and Criminal Litigation starts on the 8th.

But I guess youre right... Im going to the beach and will probably stick to reading forum posts rather than posting any at all.

Thanks 4 the heads up

MR. BUNGLE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
This is not a productive use of your time.

So what would you consider a productive use of time before law school? I've been using my time to do nothing while I still can. I assume that very little difference will be made with regard to my work in law school regardless of how I spend my time. Between working out in the gym, working at a deli, and watching cartoons, I pretty much just sit around and stare off into space. I figure I should log as many hours as I can doing this so that I don't miss the (in)activity when I go into manic mode next fall. More lawyers seem to advocate this mentality than discourage it. Any thoughts?