Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC's "priority" waitlist  (Read 1229 times)

blues86

• View Profile
BC's "priority" waitlist
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »
Hi all!  My dream of attending BC Law is not dead, although it may be on life support, haha.  :-\  I received a letter from them this afternoon letting me know that I am on their "priority waitlist."  I've seen some other threads that discuss the distinction between certain waitlists (priority, regular, other), and I am wondering if anyone knows anything how BC works in this respect.  What is the priority waitlist, and does it differ from a regular waitlist they may keep?  Is anyone else in the same boat?  Anything I could do to turn this waitlist into an acceptance?  I've already e-mailed two professors about recommendations, but since it gets crazy at my UG towards the end of the year, I'm not sure if they'll be able to find the time, so does anyone have any strategies they might be willing to share about how to better one's chances?  Thanks in advance for all your help!

F. Mercury

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BC's "priority" waitlist
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »
bc only has one waitlist, the "priority waitlist."  sorry to deliver the sad truth.

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:05:22 AM »
Hi all!  My dream of attending BC Law is not dead, although it may be on life support, haha.  :-\  I received a letter from them this afternoon letting me know that I am on their "priority waitlist."  I've seen some other threads that discuss the distinction between certain waitlists (priority, regular, other), and I am wondering if anyone knows anything how BC works in this respect.  What is the priority waitlist, and does it differ from a regular waitlist they may keep?  Is anyone else in the same boat?  Anything I could do to turn this waitlist into an acceptance?  I've already e-mailed two professors about recommendations, but since it gets crazy at my UG towards the end of the year, I'm not sure if they'll be able to find the time, so does anyone have any strategies they might be willing to share about how to better one's chances?  Thanks in advance for all your help!

forget the LOR's. they don't help much. send an LOCI (there are tons of threads about them). visit if you can and maybe request an interview.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

blues86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »
F. Mercury, haha really?  Seems odd that they wouldn't just call it a regular old "waitlist" then, huh?  Thanks a lot for the info though, it's definitely good to know what the deal is with the waitlist (i.e. one large pool of people).

Mr T, thanks a lot mate, that's really good advice about sending a LOCI and trying to get an interview.  I don't know if BC has them, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=NavyJAG-LEP2008

Someone is posting they have been rejected from the BC waitlist... interesting.

blues86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 11:24:14 PM »
Yep, it definitely seems like they're making another round of decisions with regards to the waitlist; I actually was accepted off the waitlist today!  :)

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:38:14 AM »
Yep, it definitely seems like they're making another round of decisions with regards to the waitlist; I actually was accepted off the waitlist today!  :)

wow congrats and *sobs*

did they call you?  what did they say?  how long did they give you to decide?

blues86

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »
Yep they called to let me know I was accepted.  They didn't actually extend the offer until I told them that I hadn't finalised my plans and that I was still very much interested in BC, so I can't imagine what might have happened if I answered those questions wrong, haha.  They basically just congratulated me and the chap I spoke to seemed really eager to answer any questions I might have had, but to be honest, I was a bit shocked and rather excited, so I couldn't really come up with any questions.  They said that I had until the 13th (next week) to send a deposit and that my package would be in the mail that day (so yesterday).  Needless to say, as soon as I get the package, that deposit will be sent in ASAP!  :)

If you haven't heard from them yet, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I think that I may have been called earlier than others for reasons I'd be happy to share with you via PM, but my semi-informed opinion leads me to believe that most people will be called early next week (as the postmarked deposit deadline actually isn't until tomorrow, and I imagine it will take a few days to receive and process all the incoming deposits).