;

Poll

Which one?

Howard
 9 (56.3%)
New York Law
 7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Howard Law School?  (Read 2349 times)

Multiple LSAT Taker

• View Profile
Howard Law School?
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:17:04 AM »
How is Howard Law School?  I am an Asian and I would like to know if my job prospect would be as good as African American students at Howard Law School (I want to work in NYC area).  My another choice is New York Law School.

Stringtheory

• View Profile
Re: Howard Law School?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »
Your employment prospects at Howard won't be as good because you are not African American.Big law firms recruit at the top of the class at Howard for diversity. If you're choices are between Howard and New York Law I would say neither. The economy is bad and legal market is saturated with lawyers. Going to either of these law schools is very risky. 

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »
Your employment prospects at Howard won't be as good because you are not African American.Big law firms recruit at the top of the class at Howard for diversity. If you're choices are between Howard and New York Law I would say neither. The economy is bad and legal market is saturated with lawyers. Going to either of these law schools is very risky. 

This serves as a perfect example of how many people on these forums have no idea what they are talking about.
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

This serves as a perfect example of how many people on these forums have no idea what they are talking about.

Seriously

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

really?  that sounds spot on to me, assuming you're looking to work in a big firm of course.

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »

really?  that sounds spot on to me, assuming you're looking to work in a big firm of course.

This might be shocking news to you...but most people don't end up working for biglaw...

Crazy, right?

Anyways, I think the OP asked an interesting question. I think you'll get a more accurate response in the Black Law Student section.

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

This might be shocking news to you...but most people don't end up working for biglaw...

Crazy, right?

Anyways, I think the OP asked an interesting question. I think you'll get a more accurate response in the Black Law Student section.

Maybe i am crazy, cause i could swear the OP asked about job placement in ny, and was comparing two t3 schools.  clearly i missed a step here.

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
Maybe i am crazy, cause i could swear the OP asked about job placement in ny, and was comparing two t3 schools.  clearly i missed a step here.

You are right. But he also specifically asked about the implications of a non-black going to Howard, which is an interesting question.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
This isn't the 60's!  The "non-black" going to Howard will recieve the same education as blacks, and have the opportunity to interview with the same firms that the blacks at Howard will interview with.  What is the question of uncertainity?
I'm The Question and The Answer like A.I.