Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western Vs. Villanova --- Opinions? Advice? HELP?  (Read 3068 times)

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Case Western Vs. Villanova --- Opinions? Advice? HELP?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 02:40:59 PM »
http://www.elsblog.org/the_empirical_legal_studi/2007/09/distribution-of.html

So according to the article, u should just forget about law school unless you go to a top school and/or get a scholarship.... no not buying it... never will. The article makes things worse than it is.
  Although, i would agree, saving money should be a prime reason for picking a law school.

By the way... this is comming from someone who just finished his last final of the year and is living in high hopes of being a 3L finally!!!

You got the conclusion right-on.

You didn't give any reasons for rejecting the conclusion, other than sentiment.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »
This website is entirely too positive.  At this point in time there are senior associates and analysts at Law and securities firms across the country being let go.  Even if you do the impossible of 10% and transfer and make it big...you still have huge credit debt.  When in doubt follow the chart:

http://members.cox.net/xynder777/flowchart7.png

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
I keep forgetting all the attorneys in the United States making a comfortable living went to a T14 or were top 10% of their class.

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 05:59:06 PM »
I keep forgetting all the attorneys in the United States making a comfortable living went to a T14 or were top 10% of their class.

depends on the margin.

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »

depends on the margin.

Not following, please explain.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »
http://www.elsblog.org/the_empirical_legal_studi/2007/09/distribution-of.html

So according to the article, u should just forget about law school unless you go to a top school and/or get a scholarship.... no not buying it... never will. The article makes things worse than it is.
  Although, i would agree, saving money should be a prime reason for picking a law school.

By the way... this is comming from someone who just finished his last final of the year and is living in high hopes of being a 3L finally!!!

You got the conclusion right-on.

You didn't give any reasons for rejecting the conclusion, other than sentiment.

Honestly I do not think I need to say the argument. I am giving an inference of what the argument is... That this article's conclusion is crap... that it proposes that people should give up on THEIR dreams of being a lawyer, just b/c they didn't get into an ivy league school or get a full scholarhsip!
 I'm sorry, i know way too many lawyers that are doing fine, came out of a 4th tier school and didn't get a full scholarship... You know why, b/c they enjoy their jobs, and yes they are paying off their debt, but remmeber it doens't have to be paid off right away.. The payments are monthly and are not bankrupting... I plan to pay off my loans, but i'm not in a rush too. The school will get its money when it gets it money...
  In the mean time I will enjoy my life.

I have only 1 more year left then the bar... I love law school and i'm sure you will too. I hope that you are not one of the elitests that are out there who believes in the all or nothing mentality, if so.. .than most likey you will not be happy... Sometiems you have to do your best and do what you want b/c you enjoy it, and sometimes you can't get the best of the best of the best.... B/c even the elitest aren't happy all the time!! Just do your best and enjoy life... Advice for any and all.

The declarant who asked the questions can take this advice any which way they want... It is my hearsay, offered for the proof of the matter asserted....jaja sorry i had my evidence exam today.... - ciao
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

GetUpGetDown

• Yer Straight Trippin Boo
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shupey02
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 01:45:14 AM »
When in doubt follow the chart:

http://members.cox.net/xynder777/flowchart7.png

A copy of that chart should have been mailed to us after registering with LSAC.
Case Western '11

LSN

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »
Without having read this thread:

Are you more excited about spending the rest of your life in Cleveland or Philadelphia?  I'd choose Cleveland, personally.  But if you prefer Philly, go 'Nova.

ewwwww why would you want to live in Cleveland Over Philly??!!   Explain yourself!! haha

Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »
Without having read this thread:

Are you more excited about spending the rest of your life in Cleveland or Philadelphia?  I'd choose Cleveland, personally.  But if you prefer Philly, go 'Nova.

ewwwww why would you want to live in Cleveland Over Philly??!!   Explain yourself!! haha

Philadelphia is a festering shithole, for one.  Cleveland is a simple Midwestern town with simple Midwestern suburbs.  It has the perks of a big city with none of all that awful *&^% that goes on in Philly.

Are you serious?!! Cleveland THE SHITHOLE!! There is no good places to go, the downtown is almost inexistent with a bunch of abandoned buildings AND the BROWNS SUCK!! And i'v spend the past two years in the midwest... nothing to it... Chicago is the only placed i'd permanently stay... INDY even out does ratlands of cleveland...
   In the end....9 out of 10 people would rather live in Philly...Especially when it is compared to Cleveland.....

GetUpGetDown

• Yer Straight Trippin Boo
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shupey02
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:14 AM »

I do not plan to spend the rest of my life at either city, but I could happily start a career at either. Honestly I am a little worried about the prospect of a decade in Cleveland ... Been there a few times and I'm from a city with a similar feel (Pittsburgh; therefore, I was trained to dislike Cleveland at an early age). Philadelphia is a nice place to live and things have been on the upswing for it since the early 90s.

Actually, Here's a new question from the OP:
How many years of legal experience does a T2 grad need before he can effectively search for employment outside their law school's home market?
Case Western '11

LSN