Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?  (Read 9095 times)

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »
Congrats JAAN!  Welcome a new poster to LSD.  Surprised no one has asked, but will you be at GULC next year? 

Thanks! Not 100% sure yet. I need to resolve a couple of personal matters in the next couple of days.
(Just Adding Another Notch)

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »
Withdrew today from this waitlist... not sure it will help, but maybe? Goodluck everyone!
Harvard Law 2011

frankzone

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »
I choose not to deposit and withdrew my application while I'm waiting on others, good luck everybody!

billly.shears

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 11:57:05 PM »
Definitely good to hear about acceptances...congrats on Harvard Abby!  The letter that went to PT waitlisters promised some sort of contact by Thursday...I would guess if there's no news by then, anyone remaining on the WL would be in it for the long haul. :-\

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »
Here's what I got today. Thoughts?

Dear Christine,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the last days of Spring.  As promised, I'm writing today to give you an update on the waiting list situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

We have now received our first set of tuition deposits.  The response to this deadline was quite strong.  We were therefore able to make only very few offers of admission to our waiting list candidates.

Our second deposit is due on June 2 and it is very possible that spaces in our entering class may open up after that deadline, with a small chance of something happening earlier.  Please let us know of any updates, if any, you would like the Committee to consider as we go through our process.

While selfishly we hope that you are able to continue to be patient with us, we also understand that many of you are faced with deadlines at other schools, and that this delay may mean that you will need to go forward with your enrollment plans elsewhere.  If there are any changes in your summer contact information during the coming weeks, I'd appreciate your letting us know.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown and we will be in touch in the next few weeks - June 10 at the latest.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
Not even close to deciding:
USC - 60K
GW - nothing yet
GTown - Priority Wait List
No word from Cornell

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
Here's what I got today. Thoughts?

Dear Christine,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the last days of Spring.  As promised, I'm writing today to give you an update on the waiting list situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

We have now received our first set of tuition deposits.  The response to this deadline was quite strong.  We were therefore able to make only very few offers of admission to our waiting list candidates.

Our second deposit is due on June 2 and it is very possible that spaces in our entering class may open up after that deadline, with a small chance of something happening earlier.  Please let us know of any updates, if any, you would like the Committee to consider as we go through our process.

While selfishly we hope that you are able to continue to be patient with us, we also understand that many of you are faced with deadlines at other schools, and that this delay may mean that you will need to go forward with your enrollment plans elsewhere.  If there are any changes in your summer contact information during the coming weeks, I'd appreciate your letting us know.

Thank you for your continuing interest in Georgetown and we will be in touch in the next few weeks - June 10 at the latest.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt

Got the same thing. Don't know if it means anything really.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
Got it too. Almost guarantee it means nothing. They could be prying for more interest, however.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

DCLabor25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
Same here.  I don't take it as a very promising sign, especially since they put a ton of people on the waitlist to start and only take very few off it. 

mnewboldc

• View Profile
    • No Record Press
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »
I sent Georgetown a form "optional essay," and mistakenly forgot to swap "William and Mary" for "Georgetown" in the sentence where I extol the intrinsic virtues of the school.

I wound up on their "non-preferred" waitlist...

Oh well.
Cornell 2011

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 01:05:23 AM »
Ugh...is it really true that they're not accepting anyone off the waitlist this round?

(just got the email from not Dean Cornblatt)
Not even close to deciding:
USC - 60K
GW - nothing yet
GTown - Priority Wait List
No word from Cornell