Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?  (Read 9099 times)

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
Yes, Angel, it does update FOR ME everyday.

AND when i called the admissions office earlier in the cycle to ask about this, I was told that the system automatically does an update each afternoon.

SO, cop the attitude- my response was informational. Next time, dont ask a question if you are already so CERTAIN of the answer.
Harvard Law 2011

mithan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
Hi, HWM

You mean that you are taken off from waiting list? How are you notified? by email or mail?

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 10:37:51 AM »
Since Angel (above) sent me a personal message, and then blocked my ability to reply, I figured I would post my response in this thread to ensure that he/she got the message:

From Angel:
"didn't mean to ruffle your obviously delicate feathers. lol no seriously...i wasn't trying to be rude. but given your VERY SNIPPY, heartfelt and emotional response I assume I made you cry a little bit. calm down and stop trying to be hard on the internet. lol loser. "
[/quote]

Here's my response:

My reply was mocking your tone... the fact that you started the sentance with "no, abby" when I was answering a question that you had asked was certainly enough to deserve that reply. And dont give yourself so much credit. My feathers were in no way ruffled, and I have no reason to be "hard" on the internet. I view these boards as informative, and once in a while I post a reply. My reply to you was accurate, and I was definitely surprised at your response- as I see you are new to these boards, maybe you should learn to be nicer to those who respond to your questions. Lastly, for what its worth, are you like 12 years old? Who calls someone a loser in a personal message.... and then blocks it.
Harvard Law 2011

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
Received acceptance to PT program via snail mail yesterday! I am so psyched. I got the email with the FT people about confirming interest, then a second email saying they believe f/t is full, I responded with interest in p/t on Monday. (I had checked both on my application)

Good luck to everyone waiting. I was general WL so there is lots of hope for p/t WLers.
(Just Adding Another Notch)

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 09:54:45 AM »
Wow congrats that's awesome.  Were you on the FT general WL or the PT general WL? 

libdem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Woooooo, go gold!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tricordertrekkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
Wait, there was a second e-mail saying that F/T is full? I don't think I got that one....
Georgetown c/o 2011

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
Thanks guys. I just applied for both programs and they placed me on the regular WL without specifying f/t vs. p/t
I got the 1st email with the full-time wave (4/22) then I got an email on 5/5 saying they are fairly certain that f/t is full and to please confirm my interest in the part-time program. I confirmed and never heard anything else until I got the packet yesterday.

billly.shears

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »
Congrats JAAN!  Welcome a new poster to LSD.  Surprised no one has asked, but will you be at GULC next year? 

kkholiday

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 10:39:04 AM »
so is it safe to say that if pulled of the waitlist we should get a big envelope package in the mail, and not just a letter...

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
so is it safe to say that if pulled of the waitlist we should get a big envelope package in the mail, and not just a letter...
probably, yes.