Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?  (Read 9248 times)

dans

• View Profile
Re: 2008 GULC Waitlist - Update?
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »
I have preferred preferred (pt) and read about someone else on tls too.

srdaisy911

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »
I'm not 100% sure what the preferred preferred wait list is, but the letter I originally got said I was "within a special group" in the preferred wait list.  I did get the same email today as I think everyone else on the PT wait lists got.

kkholiday

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 10:35:46 PM »
Good afternoon from Georgetown.  I'm writing to you today to give you an update.  The Committee is about to begin the process of looking at our waiting list candidates, and, although it is still too early to know for sure, it is possible that we may have some openings in the next few weeks.

Our first deposit is due this week, and, with extension requests, we will know for sure whether we have any openings by May 15 at the latest.  It is possible, however, that the Committee may make some decisions before then.  Please remember that if spaces do become available, there will be a short time frame for you to make your enrollment decision. 

Given that the Committee is meeting this week, and even if you have already been in touch with us, it would be helpful if you would respond at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to reconfirm the extent of your interest in the Law Center and let us know of any updates to your law school plans, including any upcoming deadlines.  Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.

To be clear, I honestly don't know how many people, if any, the Committee will be admitting in the next few weeks.  We are just trying to gauge your level of interest in case any spots become available. 

............................. just checking...is this the email everyone got? and is there anyone who is one the preferred waitlist who did not get this email, or was it a standard email sent to everyone on the list?

Thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.  We will be back in touch with you by May 15 at the latest, and maybe sooner.

lmr123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
thats the one i got
i'm pwl pt

kkholiday

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »
I actually have some networking connections with Dean Cornblatt, and according to my friend who used to work in the admissions office, there is no preferred preferred waitlist... he also said that they hardly ever take people from the regular waitlist, even though they say they do.. so it looks like we all have better chance then some others : )

He said that the special group everyone got in their letters is the preferred waitlist group... but he doesnt work there any more, he could be wrong

he also said that if we dont get in by the 15th, chances of getting in are very very slim... so I dont think I'll wait much longer after the 15th, although Georgetown is my number one choice!

if anyone has any questions they would like me to pass along to my friend let me know, hes been really helpful, and its way better info then google searches!!-- he actually predicted every letter and email I have ever gotten, so he knows his stuff

kkholiday

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 09:41:40 AM »
oh one more thing... Part time waitlisters have the best chance, according to my source, ahah, because a lot of people who were originially accepted part-time actaully preferred full-time so they are typically the ones who give up their spots.  Apparently lots of people check pt or ft when first applying, to better their chances.  So lots of people are accepted part-time that would rather be ft.. and then first deposits are due and its always the part-timers that decline the offers.... lets keep our fingers crossed!!

angel123

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »
thanks for the info kk holiday....this is making me CRAZY. am i the only person who keeps seeing a recent update on my status in the status checker?

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »
Your status checker has a "recent update" everyday-- it updates everyone, even with no change, daily in the afternoon...
Harvard Law 2011

g00

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »
did anyone on the PT waitlist, regular or otherwise, not get this email?

angel123

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »
no abby, it doesnt update everyday. it happens every 3-4 days at different times...usually around 5 or 6.