Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L off-campus housing: Roommates, Yay or Nay?  (Read 1565 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: 1L off-campus housing: Roommates, Yay or Nay?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Anyway, if those are the things that people are complaining about, I really don't think it's that difficult to find people who fulfill those criteria.  Finding people who fulfill those criteria and who you also want to be BFFs with is a bit more difficult.

See, I'm weird.  I don't want to be BFFs with my roommate.  I don't want to feel like we both need to include each other in everything.  I like separation.  In college, I had a roommate 1st and 2nd year, and my random roommate was much better than my friend roommate.  I think friend roommates tend to take advantage of the friendship and do things that they wouldn't do otherwise.  My friend roommate annoyed the hell out of me.

Regardless, if you have money, I still don't think that theres any benefits to roommates, unless you absolutely dread living alone and need someone there.  Like pikey (another poster) said, it's nice to be able to come to your own place and do what you want without care and then if you want to be around people, invite them over and whatnot.
Columbia 3L

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
Re: 1L off-campus housing: Roommates, Yay or Nay?
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 01:48:23 AM »
if all goes well im planning on living with my boyfriend...who is NOT in law school
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165