Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BU v. BC  (Read 479 times)

cs_rudy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
BU v. BC
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
I hate to rekindle an old debate. But I really don't know enough about either of these schools to make an informed choice. To complicate things further, all of my research has convinced me that they aren't that different. I will be visiting both soon, but any advice/information (other than, "you should visit") would be helpful.

Thanks

GodspeedMUFC

• View Profile
Re: BU v. BC
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
I think you have a pretty good idea of the choice that is facing you... I don't think either school is per se better. It will pretty much depend on your preferences.  The schools are in VERY different parts of Boston.  BU is urban and BC is suburban.  I attended BC undergraduate, but BU was my choice ahead of BC for law school. In my opinion and this is just my opinion I felt BC law was a bit of a "drink the law school kool- aid" type of place, where as BU was a little bit more eclectic and diverse. On the other hand what I felt to be shall we say overly conformist attitudes at BC many others see as collegial.

Having friends who are about to graduate at both institutions and speaking strictly from their expirences ... my friends at BC law have had an easier time finding top quality jobs, both at graduation and summer associate.

Good luck, but both places are great schools I don't think you can really make a wrong choice here.
In- St. John's ($$$), Seton Hall ($$$$), Temple, Northeastern , Suffolk ($$) and American. Brooklyn

Out- Boston College, Fordham and George Washington.

Still waiting- BU.

LSAT 163 UGPA 3.3 Masters degrees with 3.95 GPA.

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
Re: BU v. BC
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
I think you have a pretty good idea of the choice that is facing you... I don't think either school is per se better. It will pretty much depend on your preferences.  The schools are in VERY different parts of Boston.  BU is urban and BC is suburban.  I attended BC undergraduate, but BU was my choice ahead of BC for law school. In my opinion and this is just my opinion I felt BC law was a bit of a "drink the law school kool- aid" type of place, where as BU was a little bit more eclectic and diverse. On the other hand what I felt to be shall we say overly conformist attitudes at BC many others see as collegial.

Having friends who are about to graduate at both institutions and speaking strictly from their expirences ... my friends at BC law have had an easier time finding top quality jobs, both at graduation and summer associate.

Good luck, but both places are great schools I don't think you can really make a wrong choice here.

Yeah...but the Kool-Aid is REALLY good...
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011