Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: accepted at Ohio State... should I let Emory and Vandy know?  (Read 826 times)

forbes19

• View Profile
    • Email
I got a call from the Ohio State dean yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance. I am very excited but my top two choices still have me on the waitlist. A friend of mine who I consider a mentor has urged me to contact Emory and Vanderbilt to let them know of my acceptance and to re-iterate my interest in attending their school.

Is this a good idea????

VirusNY

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
Re: accepted at Ohio State... should I let Emory and Vandy know?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
I really doubt they care. Emory and Vandy probably assume that some law school will accept you. Telling them that OSU accepted you will likely change nothing, especially since most students would take Emory and Vandy over OSU anyway.
Cornell Law 2011

Bungalow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:24:05 AM »
No.

It makes perfect sense that you if you got waitlisted at Vandy and Emory that you would get into OSU. Vandy and Emory are just better schools. What do they care about OSU? They care about the t-14 stealing their students not #'s 25-50.

It's neither a threat ("Let me in or else I'll go to a worse school!") nor some incentive to them ("Look at me, I got into a place that I should have gotten into!").

GunnerDore

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »
I got a call from the Ohio State dean yesterday congratulating me on my acceptance. I am very excited but my top two choices still have me on the waitlist. A friend of mine who I consider a mentor has urged me to contact Emory and Vanderbilt to let them know of my acceptance and to re-iterate my interest in attending their school.

Is this a good idea????

No, it's a terrible idea. Not only is OSU not a peer school to either Emory or Vandy, but why would they care? If anything, mentioning that acceptance might make you seem less interested in Emory or Vandy.

forbes19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:13:51 PM »
by the way.. i missed kaka kicking ronaldo/fergurson's ass at the champions league this year :( :(

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:48:55 PM »
But congrats on OSU all the same!

GunnerDore

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
by the way.. i missed kaka kicking ronaldo/fergurson's ass at the champions league this year :( :(

You have Monsieur Flamini to thank for that. I'm pretty sure that UCL tie is the only reason AC Milan have been trying to buy him: he's the only player in the world capable of shutting down Kaka so completely.

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »

Is this a good idea????

Get a new mentor.

(just kidding...kind of) ;)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:35:14 PM »
Get the Mentor Bible or take the MentorMasters prep course http://amazon.com/Mentor_Bible_Aid.shtml?loc=hereandnow&you=inneedofanewknowledgeableone
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."