Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 160 + 3.5 at Yale = WHAT LAW SCHOOLS?  (Read 5744 times)

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 160 + 3.5 at Yale = WHAT LAW SCHOOLS?
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
The OP hasn't told us what his actual diagnostic was.  He might have already improved quite a bit.  He might not have.  Thirty hours of studying sounds like a lot to me -- I was probably already 5 or 6 points above my diagnostic by then.

Suffice it to say that we don't have enough information to determine what he can expect on a retake.  For all we know, his diagnostics were higher than that and he bombed the real thing.

I don't think I put in 30 hours of studying total (oops), but however long I did put in, I never improved from my diagnostic on practice tests . . .

Argh me neither and I studied for like 3 months at least 2+ hours a day on average.

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50:57 AM »
Look at it this way, though -- it was time well spent anyway because you didn't score lower than your diagnostic on the real thing?

nope I didn't... there's that.  thank god lol.

oh well it's over thank god.  worse 3 months ever.

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2008, 12:31:43 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse (with regards to the whole '170+ from Yale' thing), but there's another factor that no one has considered: the OP played a sport.

The fact that the OP played football/basketball/whatever sport may have been a large factor in UG admission.  Someone from my high school was offered a spot at Yale to play football contingent upon his ACT score.  He only would have needed to get I think it was a 26 on the test in order to get in, as they still have certain standards for athletes, but not nearly as high.  Normally one would need--what?--34+.  (Side note: he came up ONE POINT SHORT and went to Case Western instead.  Ouch.)

Anyways, my point is that the OP does not necessarily have an ACT/SAT score that is on par with most Yale UG's, and thus would not be expected to have the same range of LSAT score (assuming there's a correlation).  On the other hand, one might argue that maintaining a 3.5 (even in a soft major) at Yale is indicative of great LSAT potential.  Who knows?

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Yeah you do not have to be as smart as normal to get in to play sports, I am guessing this guy played baseball, which brings me to my next point he was not very good at whatever sport he played because he went to an ivy to play sports equivalent of TTT. Maybe he should look into Cooley.  I would keep the cushy wall street job and be happy!!!!!!

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »
Haha, yeah.  My fiancee's brother was a four-time state qualifier in wrestling and two-time runner up.  He was getting mail from Penn, Brown, etc. and I was like "Uh...whoa."

I think he got like a 19 on the ACT, though.  So obviously he's wrestling for a TTT.

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »
YOU'LL GET IN EVERYWHERE YOU APPLY!!!

I don't get it.

?

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:58 PM »

I don't get it.

?

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »
Ah, okay.

Evidently I'm on the outside of this inside joke.  ???

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
Ah, okay.

Inside joke?  We both have like 20 posts, we got here yesterday, we've never even met before.
What's a Reez?  ???

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
Ah, okay.

Inside joke?  We both have like 20 posts, we got here yesterday, we've never even met before.

Oh, okay.

I guess I just don't get the joke.  :'(