Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Preview - Yes or No?  (Read 2734 times)

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law Preview - Yes or No?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
I agree, law school confidential will likely give you much of the same info....in addition, if you really want to see what a class is like, I'm sure your school would allow you to sit in on a summer session class...although you probably won't find a contracts or torts or conlaw class to sit in on during summer session, you should still be able to get a feel for the socratic method and/or what goes on during a typical class.

shayee053

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
What if you can go for free?? Is a complete waste of time then??
"The greatest mistake of the movement has been trying to organize a sleeping people around specific goals. You have to wake the people up first, then you'll get action."
---Malcolm X

plex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 02:10:09 PM »
Only if you would actually enjoy the trip and the travel costs were minimal. It is extremely unlikely that:
1) the program would be free to begin with,
2) that the travel costs would be minimal, and
3) to top it all off, that you would have more fun being lectured for many hours on end than anything else you could think of.

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »
Some 1L jackass at my school did it.

One day my buddy and I were talking to him in the hall for whatever reason, and he began to lecture us on why law professors did something or another. Like he was privy to some big secret that nobody else knew. He explained that he learned it at Law Preview that summer.

The thing was, I was actually going give him some real help in the form of notes, outlines, etc. before he enlightened us.

Don't be that jackass.

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
Just because somebody took law preview does NOT make them a jackass.

I never took it, am not going to take it, and probably won't recommend others take it, but summer prep in any form does not make u a jackass. TELLING PEOPLE and bragging that you summer prepped makes you a jackass. Then again, harassing people on this board who summer prep makes you a dickhead.

Remember, if it doesn't negatively effect you, you shouldn't give a *&^%.

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »

I never took it, am not going to take it, and probably won't recommend others take it, but summer prep in any form does not make u a jackass. TELLING PEOPLE and bragging that you summer prepped makes you a jackass. Then again, harassing people on this board who summer prep makes you a dickhead.

Remember, if it doesn't negatively effect you, you shouldn't give a poo.

Be sure to do lots of reading comprehension practice problems before you take the LSAT.

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 03:01:56 PM »

Remember, if it doesn't negatively effect you, you shouldn't give a poo.

Be sure to do lots of reading comprehension practice problems before you take the LSAT.

STFU dickhead. HTH.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
Froot-ster, are you on steroids?  Why so tense?  If its not roid-rage does it have something to do with the fact that you had misspelled your own name for so long (F-r-u-i-t instead of F-r-o-o-t)?

Dixon wasn't yelling at anyone for taking Law Preview.  Instead, he cautioned folks not to be like the pretentious tool that lectured him...

"Don't be a jackass" was the moral of the story; the moral of the story was not "don't attend LP" or "If you attend LP then you are a jackass"...

HTFH...

PS, are you sure you're cut out for law school?
PPS, I effing LOVE your fascination with HTH & HTFH...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
Froot-ster, are you on steroids?  Why so tense?  If its not roid-rage does it have something to do with the fact that you had misspelled your own name for so long (F-r-u-i-t instead of F-r-o-o-t)?

Dixon wasn't yelling at anyone for taking Law Preview.  Instead, he cautioned folks not to be like the pretentious tool that lectured him...

"Don't be a jackass" was the moral of the story; the moral of the story was not "don't attend LP" or "If you attend LP then you are a jackass"...

HTFH...

PS, are you sure you're cut out for law school?
PPS, I effing LOVE your fascination with HTH & HTFH...

1) I am having a roid rage. I have the same supplier as Eric Gagne.
2) I was half asleep when I posted that reply, hence why I didn't reply with anything insightful. I think we've all been there.
3) His comment about studying for the LSAT was chocked full of belittling douchebaggery, which just happens to be a pet peeve.
4) The fact that he withheld notes from another student because they talked about something they learned at LP means he either left out details of how much of a feminine hygiene product the LP student was or, more likely, is like some of the people on this board who start threads called "If you read an E&E over the summer, you are a feminine hygiene product". Of course, that thread later got changed to "If you read an E&E over the summer, you are wasting your time." The second might be true, but the first is not.
5) I use HTH cuz I have daddy issues.

HTH

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:50 PM »
1.  Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.  Kudos to you.
2.  I've never been there. 
3.  Two wrongs never make a correct.
4.  I think he made it quite clear that the LP guy came across like a feminine hygiene product.
5.  Interesting. 

HTH.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament