Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who is the greatest basketball player of all time??

Michael Jordan
 35 (72.9%)
Kobe Bryant
 5 (10.4%)
Bill Russell
 2 (4.2%)
Magic Johnson
 5 (10.4%)
Larry Bird
 1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: MJ OR KOBE?  (Read 6875 times)

MJ OR KOBE?
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
I'm a Kobe Fanatic....if you go against him, be prepared to argue for months...lol

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MJ OR KOBE?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:28:12 PM »
MJ, 97 Championships, high fever, game of his life.  Plus he was the ONLY character to play on the Sega Basketball games.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »
of all of the things that are going on right now in the world.. you make your return post about sports.. how surprising...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »
MJ this is not even a real question, I love Kobe but not even close, you should have put up Pistol Pete, favorite player of all time, and paved the way for Magic

matta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
Larry Bird is the best all around player in basketball history.  He could do everything on the court.  Check out this highlight reel, and keep in mind that the majority of this comes from the playoffs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
I was thinking about adding Shaquille O'neal to the list. He has taken three different teams to the championship.  I'm sticking with Kobe the Great!! He's just now in his prime...

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »
of all of the things that are going on right now in the world.. you make your return post about sports.. how surprising...

It is playoff season.....

The Fresh Prince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »
I'm gonna have to go with MJ on this one. Besides stats, MJ's intangibles are what make him the best to play the game...dude was just so clutch. And I hear you on Pistol Pete...I feel he's the best to ever play at the college level. Didn't he average like 40-something a game? Crazy.
you're wrong. Also, your avatar and your name don't make any sense. Step your game up, son.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »
I honestly believe that the competition today, is much better. Athletes are bigger, faster and stronger. Lebron James is a guard. Back in those days, he could have been a center.  Kobe's arsenal is untouchable. He is by far a better shooter than Jordan...He'll have to win a few more rings of course...

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »
I honestly believe that the competition today, is much better. Athletes are bigger, faster and stronger. Lebron James is a guard. Back in those days, he could have been a center.  Kobe's arsenal is untouchable. He is by far a better shooter than Jordan...He'll have to win a few more rings of course...

A few more try at least three more and even then it would not be close because the first three were with the Big Aristotle at center, MJ won his rings with Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright at center, come on not even close!!!