Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I reaching too far?????  (Read 628 times)

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Am I reaching too far?????
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:22:51 AM »
I have a 3.45, a 163, and good ECs. Anyway, I am reaching for Emory, Notre Dame, Vandy, Emory, WUSTL, ad Tulane. I think I have a decent shot at Tulane, but for the others, I'm not sure at all... they are reaches, after all. But anyway, am I better off saving my money? ??? Does anybody have any suggestions for "reach" schools?

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Am I reaching too far?????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:03:15 AM »
Throw BC and American and one more safety school (uconn) around the American status and you have an good list.

hth.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »
Any other things we should know about you?  What about WE and EC's?  Any special interests, hobbies or skills?

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 03:56:26 PM »
Political Science Major, Sociology Minor, Interned for US Congressman, Worked during school, yada yada. I'm not sure how adcoms will even find out about my hobbies, but I play piano and drums, love movies, and LOVE golf... hmmmm, i think i might go play a quick 9, thx.

Celestial Vertigo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 06:26:25 PM »
Hey  ::)
 I have similar stats to yours and am also planning on trying for Tulane and Emory. Us 163ers need to stick together! haha :P I am mainly looking at schools in the southeast and the west coast. I wasn't sure if Emory was a big reach but people I know who have applied to lawschool said that former classmates of theirs got into Emory with inferior stats so I am planning on giving it a shot. Have you considered the University of Georgia? I was advised that it is on par academically with Emory, and a lot cheaper.
I thought Vandy would be a big reach for me and I'm not particulary drawn to Tennessee (sorry for any lovers out there, nothing personal!) so I ruled it out...Have you considered UNC as another school that would be a big reach? I would love to go there, I would be able to live near my fiance so I will probly be applying even though I think results will be dismal :'(.

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:41:23 PM »
I would apply to a few Tier 2's as safety's.

You should get into Tulane no problem, but IMO the other schools on your list are semi-reaches.

3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »
I would apply to a few Tier 2's as safety's.

You should get into Tulane no problem, but IMO the other schools on your list are semi-reaches.

Nah, If I don't get into UKY or Louisville, I'll shoot myself, so I won't need any other apps sent in. Thanks, guys, for all of your advice... I'll look into BC.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 03:04:29 PM »
You don't need any tier 1's unless you are going for big scholarship money. 

Look at me!  My 3.1 got me into WI and I didn't even apply until January!