Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperdine vs. loyola  (Read 9951 times)

kenpostudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - kenpostudent@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pepperdine vs. loyola
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
I would tend to agree. Consider this: Pepperdine is farther from the major firms in LA, too. If you are going to attend Pepperdine, it's going to cost more to live in or around Malibu, unless you live on campus. I don't know what their room and board costs at Pepperdine, but I'm sure it is not cheap. In either case, the major firms in CA probably recruit more heavily out of USC, UCLA, Berkeley & Stanford. Grads from Hastings and Davis would have their pick of jobs before Loyola and Pepperdine grads, with the exception of the top say 10-15% of the class. At least Loyola students are close to major LA firms and courts. Both are decent schools, though. I'm not sure that one school is drastically better than the other. I think Loyola is slightly more cost effective, though.

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »
any comments with regard to the new rankings? pepperdine and loyola are further apart.... and loyola dropped out of their trial advocacy place in the top 10s. :-[ i know rankings only matters to pre- law students.... lawyers, judges and employers dont look at them. but i mean... the surveys were done by lawyers and judges... so it does say something about the way people view ur school.

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 09:11:25 PM »
there should be no question: Loyola. Loyola's rank is not indicative of its reputation in the legal community. also, outside of the national brand name schools, rankings will not help you get a job, it is your own personal grades.
USD Law grad

wyatth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »
good to know.
i was worried about loyola dropping to 71 this year.