Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperdine Dorm Policy?  (Read 6569 times)

decidor

• View Profile
Pepperdine Dorm Policy?
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've seen some postings about Pepperdine having a strict dorm policy on alcohol. Does anyone know what the rules are and how easy it is to get other types of housing around there? I went through enough trouble in my undergrad dorms to go through it again in Law School...even if this time the dorm over looks the pacific.

sd4shizy

• View Profile
Re: Pepperdine Dorm Policy?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »
Although Pepperdine has a no-alcohol policy, they do not enforce or police the policy as much as some may claim. You're going to be going to law school anyway, so, why the worry?  Just curious.

decidor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Though I'm not planning on throwing any raging parties, I'd like to have the freedom to drink where I live. Just because I'm going to law school doesnt mean I'm not going to drink scotch every now and then.

How do they enforce the rules there? Do they have RA's like in undergrad?

matta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »
I intend on drinking quite heavily throughout law school.  All I've heard from my friends currently in law school is that EVERYONE turns into an alcoholic.  Just something to think about.  I also don't plan on going to a super conservative and Christian school like Pepperdine though.

decidor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »
Super conservative and christian arent such turn-offs considering that Pepperdine is the number 1 dispute resolution school in the country and its f-ing beautiful. Being on lock-down, though, thats something I dont want to have to deal with.

sd4shizy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
Super conservative and religious? Conservative...yes, but not "super" in my opinion. And I am Jewish and have Jewish friends that are former students--none of them have felt discriminated, nor have they felt like Christianity was being imposed on them. The staff are known to be friendly. I mean SUPER friendly  ;).

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
Super conservative and christian arent such turn-offs considering that Pepperdine is the number 1 dispute resolution school in the country and its f-ing beautiful. Being on lock-down, though, thats something I dont want to have to deal with.

LOL
We have many people from your state that attend our school!

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »
All I've heard from my friends currently in law school is that EVERYONE turns into an alcoholic.

Meh... I actually drink a lot less now that I started law school (not that I drank that much before). It's the caffeine addiction you need to worry about.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

decidor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »
So...Does anyone know about thier actual policies aside from the fact that alcohol is forbidden but the enforcement is lax?

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 10:02:01 PM »
I intend on drinking quite heavily throughout law school.  All I've heard from my friends currently in law school is that EVERYONE turns into an alcoholic.

Just another reason to stay the f*(k away from law school.  You waste $ on a TTT degree, and waste more $ on booze.