Law School Discussion

University of Florida 2011

Re: University of Florida 2011
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
All of the, "sit back and relax" advice is really bothering me!  I'm a Type-A personality, and I hate the idea that I have to just sit back and wait for classes to start.  It seems like August is so far away.  I wish I could just get started now.

I hear ya.  I'm anxious because my wife is looking for a job.  She's paying the bills, so we're both a little stressed.

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »
All of the, "sit back and relax" advice is really bothering me!  I'm a Type-A personality, and I hate the idea that I have to just sit back and wait for classes to start.  It seems like August is so far away.  I wish I could just get started now.

I hear ya.  I'm anxious because my wife is looking for a job.  She's paying the bills, so we're both a little stressed.
Don't you mean your beard?  Glad you guys have a nice, formal business relationship.

You're an odd fellow. 

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Deleted

--EC

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »
I'm a longtime Gator, going in to my 2L year. 

Just want to say welcome everyone, and forget gym memberships.  UF has you covered from every angle.  Lap pools, gyms, tennis courts, weight rooms, aerobics, tons and tons of options.

Southwest Rec Center, the best one, is open until 1AM five nights a week, and 10pm on weekends.

If I could afford/ convince my parents to buy me a gym pass at a private gym, I would totally jump on it. Signing up 30 minutes to an hour beforehand for ellipticals...getting to spinning/kickboxing classes 30-40 minutes before the class starts to reserve a seat...not exactly convenient. But if you like to workout during non-peak hours, it would probably be ok. I know some people that don't mind the UF gyms but I have actually started running outside more as an effort to avoid SW.

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »
I'm a longtime Gator, going in to my 2L year. 

Just want to say welcome everyone, and forget gym memberships.  UF has you covered from every angle.  Lap pools, gyms, tennis courts, weight rooms, aerobics, tons and tons of options.

Southwest Rec Center, the best one, is open until 1AM five nights a week, and 10pm on weekends.

If I could afford/ convince my parents to buy me a gym pass at a private gym, I would totally jump on it. Signing up 30 minutes to an hour beforehand for ellipticals...getting to spinning/kickboxing classes 30-40 minutes before the class starts to reserve a seat...not exactly convenient. But if you like to workout during non-peak hours, it would probably be ok. I know some people that don't mind the UF gyms but I have actually started running outside more as an effort to avoid SW.

I hate treadmills and ellipticals.  Running outside is definitely TCR. 

« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2008, 09:33:39 PM »
Deleted

--EC

UF08

• Gator Grad '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »
:::ignores the troll and tries to steer conversation in new direction?:::

For some inexplicable reason, my first thought this morning [well, maybe not my very first] was about the Florida waitlist. Has anyone heard of any movement off of it? I had several friends waitlisted but I'm hesitant to call and ask them, it seems unkind considering my own acceptance.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2008, 09:11:55 AM »
:::ignores the troll and tries to steer conversation in new direction?:::

For some inexplicable reason, my first thought this morning [well, maybe not my very first] was about the Florida waitlist. Has anyone heard of any movement off of it? I had several friends waitlisted but I'm hesitant to call and ask them, it seems unkind considering my own acceptance.

No movement on LSN (although that isn't 100% indicitive).  I think they should call and ask.  I don't think UF is one of the schools that resents students calling to check on things as long as your friends don't make pests of themselves.  I always found the admissions staff very helpful.

I know it is early to talk about books (we don't even know our sections yet), but can I just suggest Gator Textbooks to all of you?  I've used them for years and I think they're great.  They've even special ordered a few odd books for me (when I was in my MBA program and couldn't find them anywhere).  I went in today and spoke with one of the owners a little.  He said to watch ISIS because sometimes the sections show up there before they officially let us know, and that it might not hurt to get a jump on everyone else if you want good used casebooks. 

K-Bomb

• You = Gatorbait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2008, 09:21:47 AM »
Gator Textbooks doesn't normally carry law books.

I'll sell you guys my 1L books on the cheap if you have the some of the same ones.

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »
Gator Textbooks doesn't normally carry law books.

I'll sell you guys my 1L books on the cheap if you have the some of the same ones.

They may not always order new books for every class, but they definitely have at least a decent selection of used law books. Maybe I'm getting old but I think I've bought at least a few used casebooks from them.