Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why choose USC over UCLA?  (Read 8056 times)

Koobideh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Why choose USC over UCLA?
« on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:18 PM »
Why USC over UCLA when:

UCLA is cheaper, much better area, ranked higher (if it means much), more "national" reach, and generally regarded as the more superior academic institution.

The school is a short distance from USC, so why would a person accepted to both choose USC? Feedback please? Anyone choose USC over UCLA?? if so, please elaborate on reasons why you chose USC over UCLA...

greenie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What reason does anyone have to go to USC over UCLA?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »
I'm contemplating pulling out of the waitlist at UCLA and just going to USC. A lot of people around me keep asking me why the hell I would go to USC over UCLA when:

UCLA is cheaper, much better area, ranked higher (if it means much), more "national" reach, and generally regarded as the more superior academic institution.

The school is a short distance from USC, so why would a person accepted to both choose USC? Feedback please? Anyone choose USC over UCLA?? if so, please elaborate on reasons why you chose USC over UCLA...

Which do you personally prefer?  Have you visited both?

Unless you are convinced you would rather attend USC, then stay on the UCLA waitlist.  If you withdraw you may regret it later.  No harm in staying on, especially since it's in the same city!  (it's much harder for us people WL'ed in different cities)

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »
OP=UCLA troll?

Koobideh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
OP=UCLA troll?

No certainly not. My bad if it comes off like that to some readers, i just had to get to the point.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why choose USC over UCLA?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »
USC is much better in football.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »
USC has better NLJ 250 placement numbers (in 2007, don't know if this holds prior).
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

casper13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
Dont people rave about the USC alumni network. Supposedly it is larger and tighter than the mob. Just from what  have read before the Alumni network of USC is very far reaching and they take care of each other really well.

Jerry Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
Women are supposed to be hotter, fwiw

baller1023

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »
I got into USC and was put on the UCLA waitlist. I chose to go to USC because they gave me a small scholarship which made the tuition difference between the two negligble. I decided that I would take USC with a small scholarship over UCLA. Also, I enjoy the smaller educational environment that a private school can offer. A diverse student body is also fairly important to me. I believe that you need to decide which school is a better fit for you. They are both great schools and if you are not set on USC then I think you should stay on the UCLA waitlist because you may end up regretting it if you don't.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
USC campus is in a shady part of town...if that matters to you...

but I went to UCLA for undergrad...

UCLA is better in basketball...and softball...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament