Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gonzaga and the Spokane area  (Read 5835 times)

sags17

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gonzaga and the Spokane area
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »
Over from Indiana.  I've only been here for a few months and can't wait to get over there.  I've heard so many good things about Washington.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 12:53:35 AM »
ya me to!
like i have said to previous posters, i took a school tour 2 weeks ago and it was unreal. all the people were extrememly nice and the building itself is really nice. spokane feels as if its gonna be a fun place to live/study forsure!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
i'm coming all the way from ohio. and yeah, everytime i mention that i'm moving to WA, people gasp with jealousy. can't wait to see it for the first time!

sags17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »
oh noez, i was actually going to go to a school in ohio but i need a change from the midwest.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »
sags,

OH YEAH, i cannot wait to get out of the midwest. where were you going to go if you don't mind me asking?

sags17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
no i dont mind at all. its a small school in cleveland called case western reserve. i dont know how well known it is but they have a really good international law program, which im kinda interested in.  but i think the change from this area will be good. i'm kinda scared to see what the winters will be like there though.  i heard theyre pretty rough.

grover

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
no i dont mind at all. its a small school in cleveland called case western reserve. i dont know how well known it is but they have a really good international law program, which im kinda interested in.  but i think the change from this area will be good. i'm kinda scared to see what the winters will be like there though.  i heard theyre pretty rough.

don't worry too much about the winters...i went to gonzaga undergrad and came from california and i had no problem.  spokane gets all 4 seasons distinctly which i think is kinda nice.  it definitely gets cold and gray during january-february, but the weather isn't like going to school in buffalo or syracuse or anything ridiculously extreme like that.  just bring a coat for sure.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »
sags,

oh yeah, i know all about case. it's a great school. I considered applying there, but I too knew that i need a change from the midwest. I only applied to 1 ohio school just to appease my parents.

i read on wikipedia or something that the rockies to the east help to block the arctic breeze, thus keeping it from being really cold. so if you can handle some snow in the high 20s then you can manage. since you are from indiana i am assuming you know all about frigid temperatures  ;)  this probably won't be a big deal to you.

sags17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
both those posts are reassuring. i remember last winter or two winters ago when i was watching the weather channel that some lady wrote in to complain about how spokane got all this snow and it didnt receive any attention on the weather reports.  so thats why i was a bit worried. ;D

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
here's a post that i found specifically about the snowfall in spokane.. there are posts on there from people who actually live there, so take their word for it over mine.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/spokane-area/36646-snow-ice-spokane-wa.html