Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gonzaga and the Spokane area  (Read 5851 times)

oh noez

• View Profile
Re: Gonzaga and the Spokane area
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
 I've heard that too about South Hill, which is why I wanted to get something on the Northside so that I can avoid hills in the winter.
 I thought Browne's Addition was supposed to be a historical district.. i will definitely not be renting from anywhere near there then! i've lived near the ghetto and know exactly how awful that would be to repeat such an experience, especially with my little law school laptop strapped on my back on the way home. thanks for the heads up.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »
hahahhah
ya i guess i kinda saw a few sketchy people in browns too but the style of the houses were pretty neat. I actually spoke to a police officer who was patroling the area and he pretty much told me that they are trying to clean up the area and that the crime rate was going down....i would choose south hill over browns but it is a cool location on the river.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
law lordie,

you said you checked out those apts by the indian canyon golf course, right? Do you remember how far away those were from school? Were they nice?

Thanks.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 12:22:11 PM »
oh noez,
Yes i looked at the three complexes there. Indian canyon apts, the greens at indian canyon, and the Courts at indian canyon. all three were pretty nice and looked either relatively new or were just really well maintained which was nice to see. My favorite was the courts because i liked the floor plan of the one bedroom the most. all in all they are all situated in a little mini forest which is nice if you like the out doors and i imagine are extremely quiet. Im not sure if there are alot of students there but the managers did say they do have a few GU students. The drive from anyone of these apts was about 15 mins but that was not in rush hour so im not sure how much you would have to add. One kinda down point to these places was that the shopping center for food was down alittle ways...its not as close i would have liked it to be.

Are your plans to rent without going down there first? and feel free to ask Q's

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »
lawlordie,

yeah i have to rent without visiting first. I can't afford to fly out there when i'm spending $2000+ on the move. That's good to know about the food stores--that kind of stuff is important to me. I'm just having a hard time finding a pet friendly apartment. People are always hating on dogs!  :P I was wondering if i should just throw in the towel and contact indian canyon, but I guess I'll keep looking if it is that far. It'd be worth the stress. Thanks for being so helpful.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »
ya no problem.
And with indian canyon, its not that the stores are "far" away its just that i had to get on the I90 to get to them which was kinda a bummer. Again though they looked nice when i was there and upwithmontana suggested them as well. But keep looking and good luck with the search!

upwithmontana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 05:24:14 PM »
Hey lawordie,

Stonecrest Apartments.  They allow pets and are relatively new (maybe mid 1990s). They are on a street called South Cowley.  My fiancee is moving out of her one bedroom at the end of June.  If you can google the address, it's 819 South Cowley St.  I went to GU graduate business school and biked there a couple times from these apartments.  Grocery store/strip mall stuff is about a 5 minute drive up the hill.  I think she pays around $700 with garage for a one bedroom. 

Now the bad:  It is about one block away from the hospital.  The ER isn't very busy, but I do hear sirens every so often.

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
i was considering the stonecrest apts, but it's proximity to the hospital was definitely a deterrence. I actually think i may have found good housing--it's a 4plex on e riverton about 1/2 mile from the mission ave bridge. It's right on the river and looks nice. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works out. i'm sending my "application" (haha, come on, it's a background check not an app) today or tomorrow. Is this a good area? from what i can see on google maps streetview it looks like a decent area. the only drawback is that I can't adopt a puppy there, I have to get a housebroken dog. still, this is better than no dog!

sags17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
Hey guys, I'm starting in the fall too. Where are you guys from?

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »
hey sags,
Im actually coming from canada. Where are you coming from?