Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gonzaga and the Spokane area  (Read 5860 times)

lawordie

• View Profile
Re: Gonzaga and the Spokane area
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »
ya go for it! I timed myself from my apartment to the school with some traffic and it took 14 minutes. Another nice thing is that they are located 2 mins away from the north hill mall/wallmart/food and all the banks you need. I started my search on apartmentfinder.com and actually found one of there books at a gas station in spokane that had all of these complexes. good luck with the search!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »
law lordie,

what were the names of the apt complexes? Do you know if they allow pets? I'm about 2500 miles away, so this process is particularly difficult for me.  :)

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 03:25:34 AM »
well unfortunately most of the places that i found didnt allow pets(the one i chose prairie hills doesnt) but like i said if you take a look at apartmentfinder.com you can zone in your search for places that allow pets aswell. the complexes around me are cedar springs and there are 4 different cedar spring complexes all side by side which look pretty nice. Then about a block down there is the rock creek apartments which again look nice but dont have a pool (not sure if your into that)
i also looked at 3 complexes that upwithmontana mentioned. they were indian canyon, the courts at indian canyon, and indian greens...they are all beside each other and just off the I90 and take about 15 mins from school. now for these im not sure if you can have pets or not? hope this helps somewhat!

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »
law lordie,

Thanks! Yeah, I have been using apartmentfinder.com and zilpy, but I just wasn't sure if any of those places were too far. Unfortunately, none of those cedar springs places allow pets. I'm still keeping Indian Canyon (they were the only one out of those 3 that allowed pets) in mind, but I'm looking for a place that will be near to other law students. I don't want to live too far in the opposite direction, so I'm focusing my searches to the Northside and South Hill. Thanks for all of your help. I'm super excited to move to Spokane in July. When are you moving?

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »
ya i know i didnt find many that allowed pets. Not sure if you have heard of the chateau or not but it is right beside the university but again im not sure about pets. I plan on moving down around july 31 if not before then. i want to have at least a few weeks there to get to know the city a little bit more. I was only there last week for 3 days and was really impressed. Granted it is a small city but it has a good energy and the people i spoke to were extremely nice and spoke really highly of GU! 

oh noez

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
that's so good to hear! I've been able to find some places, now I just have to figure out which ones will be the best. Was south hill nice? That's where a few of the pet friendly apartments were. I have heard that Spokane in general is nice, but there are a few parts of it that you should stay away from. I'm assuming South Hill is nice since I know that is where a lot of students end up... but what was your take on that area if you saw it?

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »
thats good that you found some places there! it is really really nice aswell. there are alot of big and expensive houses in that area. I couldnt find alot of apartmetns there while i was there but i did drive throught the "south hill" community kinda and ya it is really nice! Im pretty sure that where ever you are in south hill it will be like a 15 min drive to school so thats kinda nice to.

grover

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
south hill is the nicest area to live in spokane hands down.  the only issue is that when it snows heavily, it is a little tricky getting off the hill and down to GU.  the road i have taken up there in the past is a bit of an incline.

with that said, my girlfriend's family has lived on South Hill for a long time and her dad works downtown and manages alright during the winter.  there must be a few good routes to take when it is icy out but i am unaware of them at this point.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
good point grover,
some of the hills i was on reminded me of San Francisco especially near the hospital! south hill was really nice and i also thought Browns Edition was pretty cool.

grover

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »
i also like some of the old brick apartment buildings in brown's edition but have heard there is a lot of drug activity in that area and people hanging out that are a little sketchy... totally random, right?

anyway, that changed my opinion of that area a bit.  it's probably not that big of a deal to someone who is at the library all day but it would be something i would ask building managers about in the area before i signed a lease.