Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I take it personally when the team I support loses.  (Read 740 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
I take it personally when the team I support loses.
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
No matter how strongly I support that team.

This counts even if I really don't care about either team but only picked one for the sake of picking one.

Anyone else?
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I take it personally when the team I support loses.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
My quality of life improved dramatically when I learned to separate myself from the situation a little bit.  I still don't like to read the paper/watch Sportscenter when my teams lose but it is definitely not as bad as it used to be...

Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »
My quality of life improved dramatically when I learned to separate myself from the situation a little bit.  I still don't like to read the paper/watch Sportscenter when my teams lose but it is definitely not as bad as it used to be...

I had to do this with [home country] or I was literally going to have a nervous breakdown.  But if I'm in a pub watching a match, it all comes back real quick. 

If we had lost the [important event final played recently], I probably would've failed out of law school.  I kid you not.  My SO was scared shitless. 

(Note: not scared of my aggression, because I don't get violent.  Scared of what I would do to myself.)

J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:19:19 AM »
You know, the night used to be shot after a bad loss...now it takes about five mins before I realize life must go on...

I remember when I had to explain to a gf "sweetheart, I know you're sorry for me that the team lost and you want to express that but can we please not talk about it?  I know you're trying to be nice, but it is better not to talk about it..."

I can't be the only one that has had this conversation...

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »
You know, the night used to be shot after a bad loss...now it takes about five mins before I realize life must go on...

I remember when I had to explain to a gf "sweetheart, I know you're sorry for me that the team lost and you want to express that but can we please not talk about?  I know you're trying to be nice, but it is better not to talk about it..."

The only time I ever flat out yelled at my girl was when she came in, said she knew the score of the [important match Dad and I were saving to watch "live" later that afternoon], I told her not to say it, and she, being tired from a long shift at work and out of it, told us the score anyway.

I was livid.  But at least it was good news.  God forbid it'd been bad news.  I would've probably had a heart attack.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:03:02 AM »

I remember when I had to explain to a gf "sweetheart, I know you're sorry for me that the team lost and you want to express that but can we please not talk about?  I know you're trying to be nice, but it is better not to talk about it..."

The only time I ever flat out yelled at my girl was when she came in, said she knew the score of the [important match Dad and I were saving to watch "live" later that afternoon], I told her not to say it, and she, being tired from a long shift at work and out of it, told us the score anyway.

I was livid.  But at least it was good news.  God forbid it'd been bad news.  I would've probably had a heart attack.

Ha, well at least you had a good reason...

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 03:13:08 AM »
I was slightly disappointed, but given that I "reside" in both metropolitan areas, it wasn't that bad.  :D

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 04:48:58 AM »
I was slightly disappointed, but given that I "reside" in both metropolitan areas, it wasn't that bad.  :D

No loyalty? No loyalty at all?
 :'(

Yo, I'm not even actually Canadian.  And I never lived in [your hometown], I lived in [archrival city], remember?  My parents live in [your hometown]!   :D

Although I was still hoping they would win for selfish reasons.  I would've liked them to make it all the way to the Finals so I could go see a game live and/or maybe galavant foolishly down [popular] Avenue!

Remedialone

• Patriotism is the refuge of a scoundrel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 07:09:43 AM »
I know the surest cure for taking it too personally on a daily basis when your team wins.  Become a Cubs fan.  The only time we take it too personally is when the games really count and then we are known to send death threats to random fans who do something stupid.