Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Go Suns!  (Read 883 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Go Suns!
« on: April 27, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »
Yeah, I hate the Spurs THAT much.

Still can't believe the Suns blew that first game.  I honestly think this series is going to go at least 6 games now.  Suns fixed every problem they needed to fix tonight, although I'm not sure if Bell and Diaw can bring it again like that.  Hope so, though -- I want to see Parker freak out.  @#!* you, Parker.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Go Suns!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »
I'm so torn. I really hate the Spurs, but after moving to Phoenix and finding out just how bad and fair-weather the fans here are, I consistently root against whatever local team is playing, no matter the sport. It could be competitive underwater BB stacking, and I'd still root against them.

I happen to hate that about fans.  But I just love Shaq so much.  Seriously, the guy cracks me up.  Love him.

That was the nice thing about [northern hometown]'s hockey fans.  As myopic and stupid as they could be (and believe me, they're not the most intelligent fans around), at least they all go balls to the wall for a single cause, game in and game out.  Going to a home game really is an experience, even in the middle of the season when the team has a losing record.

Of course, this means people have a hard time dealing with reality and call me a cynical bastard, but whatever.

My least favorite fans: the type who will boo refs for every call, always boo the best player of the opposing team, but just as quickly turn around and boo its own team when they have on off game (I guess Phoenix fits the bill, now that I think about it).  Have some class, have some patience, get some brains.

My most favorite fans: the type who can recognize when an opponent is brilliant, cheer great parts of the GAME, be fair about 50/50 calls, yet still back their own team to the very death.  These fans NEVER boo their own team UNLESS it is clear that they have brought absolutely no effort to the game -- at that point, these fans recognize that they've been gypped, and feel it's fair to voice their frustration.

I think my favorite fans of all time have to be Montreal hockey fans.  I'm basing this on the Habs fans I knew personally and watching dozens of Habs games on television.  Habs fans will cheer their team until the dying seconds even if they're losing 3-0, and then will cheer the winning opponent once the game's done.  They show loyalty and respect simultaneously, and, as a bonus, really seem to know their hockey.

Can't say the same for [northern hometown] fans, even if I will give them credit for energy and enthusiasm.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Go Lakers!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:58:15 PM »
Just make the series long and tire both teams out. :)

Lake show baby.

Oh, I meant to add that I just meant "Go Suns!" in terms of THIS series.

I have no preferences as far as the Conference is concerned.  Once the Warriors were knocked out (meaning no fun postseason home game for me), I really didn't have any favorites.  Just hated teams.  In other words, Pistons and Spurs.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
I'm surprised just a few years out of the spotlight has taken the Lakers out of the "Most Hated Team" status.

:D

I never hated the Lakers.  I loved Magic, and then they had Shaq.  And honestly, I think Kobe gets a worse rap than he deserves, although he is a little douchey.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »
The Dallas crowd just cheered when Chris Paul twisted his ankle.

Reminds me of how much I hate all Dallas teams because of their fans.  Seriously.  @#!* you Mavs.  @#!* you and your fans.  And especially Dirk.

du-can

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I think my favorite fans of all time have to be Montreal hockey fans.  I'm basing this on the Habs fans I knew personally and watching dozens of Habs games on television.  Habs fans will cheer their team until the dying seconds even if they're losing 3-0, and then will cheer the winning opponent once the game's done.  They show loyalty and respect simultaneously, and, as a bonus, really seem to know their hockey.

Can't say the same for [northern hometown] fans, even if I will give them credit for energy and enthusiasm.

you warmed my heart with that.

sincerely,
loyal habs fan

p.s. we're also into burning police cars... i guess.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »

you warmed my heart with that.

sincerely,
loyal habs fan

p.s. we're also into burning police cars... i guess.

All victorious mobs are.  You're all n00bs compared to Lakers fans. 

<-- witnessed victorious riot once (and that wasn't even for a Finals win)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:09 AM »
All victorious mobs are.  You're all n00bs compared to Lakers fans. 

<-- witnessed victorious riot once (and that wasn't even for a Finals win)

::burns car::
::burns couch::
::puts flag on car window::

^
|
|
pro

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
If the Dodgers win the WS again in my lifetime I don't know what I'm going to do...

but it won't involve burning any cars/couches/etc...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »
If the Dodgers win the WS again in my lifetime I don't know what I'm going to do...

but it won't involve burning any cars/couches/etc...

Weak ass fan.