Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the deal with FIU?  (Read 6172 times)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with FIU?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 02:37:00 AM »
I am planning to transfer no matter what but how does St. Thomas fall in comparison to FIU, Nova, UM and the Miami market? 

Don't count on a transfer. Everyone expects to be at the top of their class, only 10% actually are.

Actually, technically, only one person (around .05%) actually is.

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
I am planning to transfer no matter what but how does St. Thomas fall in comparison to FIU, Nova, UM and the Miami market? 

Don't count on a transfer. Everyone expects to be at the top of their class, only 10% actually are.

::)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »

It all depends on how one defines "top of the class", of course, but without additional clarification, it would generally be the top individual.

Doesn't anyone around here think before they post?  ::) ;)

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 04:08:09 PM »

[/quote

It all depends on how one defines "top of the class", of course, but without additional clarification, it would generally be the top individual.

No.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »

::) ::)

You tell that to a hiring partner who considers top of your class top 10-15%.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 08:33:41 AM »

You tell that to a hiring partner who considers top of your class top 10-15%.

So now you're changing your story?

helmetONpenis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »

I spoke to a couple of lawyers about St. Thomas and they've told me to stay away from that school. Your ability to transfer to another law program will be contingent on your first year grades and you will have no idea how what your performance in law school will be like. In the worst case scenario, you won't be able to transfer out of the law school you're in, so make sure you've made a well-informed decision.