Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HOW IS LIFE AT UDC??  (Read 6545 times)

beach bum

• View Profile
HOW IS LIFE AT UDC??
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:20 PM »
Just got accepted and looking for some info. I am from the area and a familiar with the Metro area, just not UDC. How is the overall experience? How about housing? I want to avoid commuting and stay at least within the beltway as close to campus as possible. Thanks for any info.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HOW IS LIFE AT UDC??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »
I have heard horror stories about UDC but I personally don't know anything about it. I would make a serious effort to find out more, from what I hear at least.

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:34:04 PM »
I have heard horror stories about UDC but I personally don't know anything about it. I would make a serious effort to find out more, from what I hear at least.

What kind of horror stories UDC is high on my list of schools....Thanks
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »

The kind that you'd expect from a city that usually slugs it out with Detroit and N.O. for the highest murder count in the country each year.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

FortheDefense

• Time means nothing in infinity and jelly dougnuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51:58 PM »

The kind that you'd expect from a city that usually slugs it out with Detroit and N.O. for the highest murder count in the country each year.

Well heck add Richmond to that category :-)  UDC is actually in a nice neighborhood just up from the National Zoo....
"I could have gotten a conviction on Simpson's police statement alone!"
Vincent B
"If you dont police the police then who does? YOU police the police by your verdict, so stand up and show some integrity"
Johnny C

The Trial of the Century

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »

Well heck add Richmond to that category :-)  UDC is actually in a nice neighborhood just up from the National Zoo....

That's the thing about crime in DC (and Detroit and NO), it spills out of the *&^% neighborhoods and into the good ones. Yeah, not living in the ghetto is nice, but it's far from a guarantee that you won't get raped/robbed/merced.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Kaiser7935

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »
Great school with low tuition. The faculty are some of the best and just about everyone in my class has a job offer. Some of the jobs students in my class have obtained are attorney for the DC Office of the Attorney General, DC Public Defender Service, Department of Commerce, DC Council and US Senate just to name a few. I would just like you to know that if you come to UDC be prepared to work your butt off! The students that come here have a mission and are very bright. This school will prepare you to work in the courtroom through its clinical programs. I have observed some law students from GW arguing in the DC Superior Court and the were no equally prepared.

classicalsinger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »
Does UDC help you with job placement and internships?