Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Wait List Blues  (Read 2031 times)

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Wait List Blues
« on: April 26, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »
Anyone else dealing with what I'd like to call, "The Wait List Blues?"

I got waitlisted at:

Qunnipiac
New England School of Law
and
Hofstra University

What is the probability of coming off Wait Lists? I got accepted into Roger Williams and may attend there anyway, but I was just wondering how high the possibility is that one would come off the wait lists?

Thanks fellow LSDers

Mike

SuperDude

• View Profile
Re: The Wait List Blues
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 02:02:52 AM »
You and I need to go to a bar sometime...

LWS08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:07:08 AM »
Anyone else dealing with what I'd like to call, "The Wait List Blues?"

I got waitlisted at:

Qunnipiac
New England School of Law
and
Hofstra University

What is the probability of coming off Wait Lists? I got accepted into Roger Williams and may attend there anyway, but I was just wondering how high the possibility is that one would come off the wait lists?

Thanks fellow LSDers

Mike

I withdrew from Rutgers-Newark and Hofstra recently, good luck. Itís hard to tell what your chances are because it just depends on how many of their accepted students they retain. If a bunch of prospective students to decide to attend other places (it usually needs to be a significant amount before they go the wait list) then you could get pulled off. I am on a couple of wait lists too. Just be proactive and if you have any connections use them. That approach has worked for me so far. Good luck Mike!!
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »
I don't have quite the same number of waitlists as you do, but it still feels agonizing.

I'm on:
Maryland
American

If I don't get into Maryland I think I may retake the LSAT and try again next year.  This is so depressing. 

Any advice on getting of the UMD waitlist?

LWS08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
I don't have quite the same number of waitlists as you do, but it still feels agonizing.

I'm on:
Maryland
American

If I don't get into Maryland I think I may retake the LSAT and try again next year.  This is so depressing. 

Start with a LOCI. Find out their seat deposit deadlines, how over-deposited they are and if they plan on pulling anyone off the wait list this year. Schools usually know right off the bat if they will need to tap into their wait list. Then schedule an appointment to see an admissions counselor and talk about why you want to go there, why they should pick you and if you have a good shot. Also, if you know any alumi or people affiliated with the school ask them to put in a good word for you. I did this and was able to get an interview with Cardozo. I've notice that most people on wait lists are not very proactive because they assume that their chances of getting in are slim. It usually is slim but that works to the advantage of people who show great interest. When or if they pull anyone off, depending on your stats and their need you'll be one of the first people that they will think of. Good luck.
"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »
thanks all. I hope I can get accepted into Suffolk. We will see what happens in the next few weeks I'm sure.

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »

I'm on:
Maryland
American

Start with a LOCI. Find out their seat deposit deadlines, how over-deposited they are and if they plan on pulling anyone off the wait list this year. Schools usually know right off the bat if they will need to tap into their wait list. Then schedule an appointment to see an admissions counselor and talk about why you want to go there, why they should pick you and if you have a good shot. Also, if you know any alumi or people affiliated with the school ask them to put in a good word for you. I did this and was able to get an interview with Cardozo. I've notice that most people on wait lists are not very proactive because they assume that their chances of getting in are slim. It usually is slim but that works to the advantage of people who show great interest. When or if they pull anyone off, depending on your stats and their need you'll be one of the first people that they will think of. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response.  I PMed you, let me know what you think.