Law School Discussion

Minnesota vs Pepperdine vs USD vs working

Minnesota vs Pepperdine vs USD vs working
« on: April 25, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
So I have a huge dilemma. I have been accepted at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (5,000 per year), Pepperdine, University of San Diego (20,000 per year), and have been waitlisted at the University of Colorado- Boulder. I just graduated from undergrad and have recieved a very good job offer in the investment industry. Do I go to law school, or work for a few years? For some reason USD really interests me, I love the area but am not sure what the job prospects are like.

sno

• run from this law bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota vs Pepperdine vs USD vs working
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:16:22 PM »
job prospects here are not bad, but it's certainly not as good as if you go to harvard or something...people towards the top can usually find some sort of work and the rest of us can usually network ourselves into work...that said, if you're not sure if you really want to go to law school (and i get the impression that you're not THAT sure yet)...take the job, make sure you know what you want to do first...i wouldn't recommend law school in general unless you're pretty sure you want to do it and that's something working for a few years should help you figure out...oh, and it helps that your other option is a good job offer  :P