Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PT decision question (no non t14 haters please)  (Read 869 times)

Oldguy48

• View Profile
    • Email
PT decision question (no non t14 haters please)
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »
Ok so I have gotten into pretty much every PT evening program I applied to (waitlisted at Fordham and didn't apply to Brooklyn).  I have already eliminated Seton Hall and NYLS.  I have to choose between St.Johns, Rutgers Newark and Pace (with $$) by next Wednesday.   Originally I was considering St. Johns (before the USNWR drop) for its rank, alumni network and clinics.  It is the most inconvenient of the locations (LI traffic everyday at rush hour) and has dropped so that rank is not as big a factor.  I liked the feel of Rutgers and it is somewhat more convenient and has a decent (T2) reputation but no money.  Pace is the lowest ranked school, but has a really nice feel to the evening program is extremely convenient and would only cost me about half as much as the others.   If I knew I was going into environmental law (I really don't know what I want to do yet but I do know that with my life and age I have no interest in "big law") I would go to Pace without thinking twice, but given the difficulty of finding work as an older non-traditional applicant I have to keep Rutgers and St. Johns in the mix.  Wildcard is that if I make it into Fordham off the waitlist I'm there.  What should I do?