Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall!  (Read 2299 times)

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
Seton Hall!
« on: April 24, 2008, 11:01:03 AM »
Anyone else put down a deposit at SH??

JeaniusIsMe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Seton Hall!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
Yup.  I'm officially a future Seton Hall student.

hawks1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
I did too! I went to their ASD in April and was sold on the school.

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:58 AM »
awesome, where are you both thinking of living?? and any of you going PT? I was accepted pt evenings, which I'm not excited about, but at least transferring to FT is supposedly pretty easy

JeaniusIsMe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 02:12:25 AM »
I'm ft.  Not quite sure where I'm gonna live.  Been talking to my friends from Jersey and they're recommending Jersey City, so I'm mostly looking there.

hawks1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 02:14:12 AM »
I'm FT too, but I've also heard students say it's not too hard to transfer to FT. As for living, I was looking at Hoboken. I don't know the area very well at all, but it looked like it would be worth the higher rent! I visited the 1180 building by the school, and it's nice, but I don't know how I feel about actually living in Newark... How far is Jersey City from the law school?

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:13:45 PM »
I've been looking into Jersey City as well. It has some really nice areas, I esp liked the Newport area.. it's pretty expensive though. And I think the commute differs depending on what part of JC you live in, but from what I hear the longest is like 20 mins or so.

Also, Hoboken is definitely really nice. I was just there this wknd and there's so much to do and it's really cute. It's also more expensive than JC, even the nicer parts of JC i think, and a longer commute to school-- I think you have to take the light rail and then switch to the Path? or something like that where you have to switch trains.. so you may want to do a test-run and see how it feels

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
awesome, where are you both thinking of living?? and any of you going PT? I was accepted pt evenings, which I'm not excited about, but at least transferring to FT is supposedly pretty easy
current shu student....if you want to attend classes during the day you should ask if you can transfer from p/t evening to the p/t day program, newark isn't the nicest place at 10pm when night classes end....i went p/t day this yr and today was my last exam of 1L year...taking a class over the summer and have been pre-approved to transfer to f/t next yr.

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
oh wow...thanks, i didnt know you could do that. If i take PT classes during the day, will I be with full time students? or is there another PT section? Also, whats your schedule like? I heard it was monday-wed the first semester which seems very enticing, and mon-thurs the 2nd..is that the same for PT day students?

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
oh wow...thanks, i didnt know you could do that. If i take PT classes during the day, will I be with full time students? or is there another PT section? Also, whats your schedule like? I heard it was monday-wed the first semester which seems very enticing, and mon-thurs the 2nd..is that the same for PT day students?

yes if you go p/t day you are with the full time students (no p/t day section), and you will be graded against them...but that shouldn't be much of a concern if you are looking to transfer to f/t anyway....as for schedule, i had classes m-f both semesters, might be different for p/t evening students...but i must say i was very happy transfering to the p/t day program....if you have any other questions i'm happy to answer them.