Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGA Class of 2011  (Read 5985 times)

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UGA Class of 2011
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
I'm totally interested in meeting some folks sometime in July or early August. I'd probably rather not be the awkward one at orientation who doesn't know anyone because I didn't do my undergrad there.

I'm totally going to be that guy. I'm moving only a few days before orientation from 850 miles away.

amultitudeofdrops

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
I'm totally interested in meeting some folks sometime in July or early August. I'd probably rather not be the awkward one at orientation who doesn't know anyone because I didn't do my undergrad there.

I'm totally going to be that guy. I'm moving only a few days before orientation from 850 miles away.

I'm going to be that guy, too...I think there are going to be a pretty decent number of 'those guys'

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 10:16:23 AM »
That's good to hear. I was disappointed to hear that the leases in Athens generally start 8/13. I was hoping to move my stuff 8/1 and then crash with the SO back up here for the first two weeks of August to avoid paying NYC rent for another month. Hopefully I can swing something.

The lodge would be really tempting if I had a roommate. I've lived near seedier neighborhoods, I bet.

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
If it makes you all feel any better, I went to undergrad at UGA AND I grew up in Georgia, and I have only ever met two of the people we are going to school with, so I feel pretty similarly in the same boat.

Actually come to think of the Lodge, they throw a HUGE pool party every year that is usually tons of fun.  That is one thing I like about Athens places.  Socializing is always a part of things :) 

I would consider living in the Lodge, as well, with a roommate.

Another place to look might be Towne Club?  They are off Milledge and near a busline.  Milledge Ave. is basically sorority and fraternity row.  Just be careful when looking that you don't get too far past the loop...that is DEFINETLY not walking distance to campus.

Does anyone else feel like maybe UGA Law should have sent out something/anything about housing like a roommate list?  Did I just miss my copy?

Also, TeamAwesome I do feel like I know you already now that we have both been trolling the same apartment sites for days :)

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

peppercorms

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
 ;D

keough2007

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
Its good to hear that there are going to be a decent number of people who aren't already dialed into the UGA/Athens scene.  I've only been there once so definitely count me as one of "those guys".

I would love to meet up with people if they are around in early August.  I think my lease starts Aug. 1st so I'll be moving in sometime in that first week. 

mathec1

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 01:18:49 PM »
I had forgotten that most college town apartments make you sign year long leases and won't let you move in until the middle of August. That probably does away with my aspirations to move in in July and get settled.

I encourage those of you interested in a roommate to add me on facebook. You can PM me to ask for my name and whatnot. I would probably prefer a male roommate for obvious reasons, but I'm open to female roomates also. Even with law school students, I don't want to agree to share an apartment completely blind.

amultitudeofdrops

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »
So what is everybody doing this summer?  I've been trying to find a law-related summer job in Atlanta, which as a pre-law-school-student, I have run into difficulty with.  I'm actually now thinking of working with a legal staffing firm as a temp, which should be an interesting experience to say the least.  Anybody else have anything interesting going on?

brandonius

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
I'm getting married.  Sort of interesting  ;D
'11 UGA Law = teh pwnage

dawg2010

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
I am a rising 2L at UGA.  Feel free to ask me any questions.