Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGA Class of 2011  (Read 6023 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UGA Class of 2011
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »
lol. sounds like fun.

mathec1

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
Heyall.

I recently put my deposit down for UGA and wanted to pop in and introduce myself. To be honest, I'm more of a TLSer though (visit http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23864&p=682901&hilit=uga#p682901 for the UGA Class of 2011 thread there).

Any housing advice is welcome, as I'm a long way from being able to visit. Anyone looking for a roommate?

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
Hey there,

I posted on the facebook site, which I am not sure if you are a part of, a link to
parkerandassociates.com which is a great place to look for housing.  I am currently looking for housing as well, so feel free to ask me any questions about places.

I have not decided whether I want to live by myself or with a roommate.  Does anyone else know?

Also, housing close to the law school can be found, but I think depending on how much you want to spend/whether you have roommates will determine if it is worth it or not.

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

Denon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 12:08:23 PM »
I already found a place and am living by myself. Not close to campus, but it's very quiet and grad student friendly. 679 for a two bedroom. the one bedroom was 629 so i thought i'd spring for the extra space.

i'm easily distracted so i definitely wanted to live alone... at least the first year. plus, i'm not really down for living with a stranger and the people i do know in athens are undergrads.
UGA 2011?

keough2007

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

I also wanted to drop in and say hello.  Next year I am going to be living at a place called 909 broad.  In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't attend UGA for undergrad and don't know a ton about downtown/living situations. Another future 1L recommended these apartments and they looked great when I visited.  I think there may be a few of us living there come August so it may be a pretty good situation.  They are a little more expensive (around $800/month for a 1BR) but brand new construction and walking distance to class/downtown. Like Denon, I also am easily distracted so I just went with the 1BR place.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I will meet yall in a few months. 

mathec1

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »
The 909 Broad Street Apartments keep coming up. They seem highly recommended for students who attend classes on the north side of campus. For me, they are too expensive without a roomate.

Does anyone know anything about an apartment called the Lodge of Athens? It is located in Downtown Athens and was totally reasonable with a roomate.

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »
I went to look at 909 Broad when I was in town. They were beautiful but just don't make sense when you're living alone. I'm still looking for a studio/1BR within wakling distance (no car here). Any and all suggestions are welcome. Lodge looks great but again, no bedrooms or studios.

Any out of staters?

mathec1

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
I'm originally from Alabama, but I'm coming directly from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm looking to settle in early, sometime mid-July. Some of you who insist on the living solo thing should totally talk to me. I'm a private kind of guy also, no vices, very clean, extremely studious, and I plan work very hard on my school work, etc. etc. The right arrangement could be cost beneficial as well as academically beneficial.

I would probably prefer to live alone too, but I just can't justify the added expense.

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »
Hey all-

Yes 909 Broad are great apartments, but as Team Awesome said, expensive.  Did anyone look into how much the two bedrooms would be?

As far as the Lodge, these are also a good option.  Very nice, and pretty close to downtown, however they a little back up to a seedier area.  However, this is kinda of hard to avoid.  It almost seems like the entire college part of town is surrounded by a somewhat less desirable area in parts.

I would like to live alone, but would also consider a roommate due to financial stuff obviously.

Also, shout out to the fact that me and and the guy above me are also having this same convo on facebook! 

Also, anyone interested in a meet-up before law school?
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

mathec1

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 12:55:26 AM »
Thanks for the insider information Tesoro. Yeah, I figured I'd have some overlap between the boards and the facebook group. The two bedroom places at 909 Broad started at 1200, which is pretty pricey, but tolerable for the right place/location. The Lodge has two bedroom apartments with all utilities included (free internet and cable, power stipend, free water, trash, sewer) for 500 per tenant. In my opinion, that is a steal no matter how you look at it. My favorite place during undergrad was managed in a similar way.

I'm totally interested in meeting some folks sometime in July or early August. I'd probably rather not be the awkward one at orientation who doesn't know anyone because I didn't do my undergrad there.