Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGA Class of 2011  (Read 6042 times)

brandonius

• View Profile
Re: UGA Class of 2011
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »
Hey guys, I've recently confirmed my status is a member of UGA Law Class of '11.  My fiance and I already found a pretty nice 1 bedroom apt in East Athens.  Get this: only $540 per month!  I'm loving this after dealing with Atlanta housing prices for the past 4 years.  If anyone has Qs about apartments/housing, we did a lot of research before we found our place so if you want, msg me and I can give you some advice.  I look forward to meeting you all.  BTW: any undergrad mockers around here?  Or those already planning to do trial ad next year?
'11 UGA Law = teh pwnage

peppercorms

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »
That's totally do able..could you PM the name of the place? Or any other places that you found that were cheaper 1brs or effiencies even. :)

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
What's the parking situation over there?

You know..how much? Proximity to the law school?

It depends.  I plan on living close to the law school, and so I would just probably walk to class.  There is a parking deck that is right on North Campus, which I believe most of the law students park in?  I say this only because I parked their my senior year of undergrad and remember seeing a lot of law school stickers on cars.  That parking deck is a little bit expensive, $40 per month I think?.  I have included a link at the bottom of this post of a campus parking map.  There is also both UGA buses and an Athens City Bus (obviously both are free for students.  The Athens City Bus just requires you to have a student ID as proof).  They run on a pretty good route.  Also, my one year I did a program called alternative transportation.  Since I walked to class, I was able to get a parking pass for free taht allowed me to park 12 times per semester at any of the four main decks.  Just letting you know some options.  There are decks taht are $10 a month, though. 

http://www.parking.uga.edu/maps/UGAParkingMap.pdf
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

Denon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 11:29:41 PM »
how do you buy a pass for a deck?
UGA 2011?

cmh22

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »
Does anyone know if a facebook group has been created yet?

Denon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
UGA 2011?

Tesoro418

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
how do you buy a pass for a deck?

The way it worked in undergrad is that once you get an email set up, etc.  you can apply for a pass online.  They will send an email telling you when it will happen.  Grad students get priority over undergrad, and usually want different decks.

I will try and find out when exactly it will be, as I need to buy a pass, as well.
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make.

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »
I hope to join ya'll. I am trying to get UGA to match my UF $. Does anyone know how the 1st year classes are scheduled at UGA Law. I know the classes that are required I just dont know how each semester breaks down. Thank you for any insight.

peppercorms

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »
Yes. Here is the schedule:

First semester:
Death.
Sleep Deprivation
How to look dandy at a fancy dinner
More Death and sleep Deprivation

Second Semester (if you passed Death):
Working Hard to catch up after first semester
Sleep Deprivation 2.0 (its effects on the body as well as the mind)
Moot Court (polish dem fancy shoes!)
1L OCI training. (how to buy a suit, whether or not to get business cards)

Summermester:
Relief.
Booze.
Calling your mom.

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »
I look forward to it. There are breaks for football, right?