Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF is up with the site?  (Read 2947 times)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WTF is up with the site?
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:28:09 AM »
I mean how long does it take to fix some *&^%?

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WTF is up with the site?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
I mean how long does it take to fix some poo?

agreed.... if they actually gave me the option to delete my account, i think i would be tempted at this point.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
According to one of the "cool"  ::) prelaw posters who allegedly knows all about everything on LSD, the pre-law and the student and grad boards are being combined for "financial reasons."

When voicing your opinion, expect the prelaw kids to get pretty cranky if you point out how much it sucks to have the unread post list swamped by all their crap.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
If they are merging, I'll be done with this site.  The prelaw board is all crap.

If the stupid site master just said they were in financial trouble, ppl would donate.  However, I DOUBT that is the case.  This site has ads all over it.  Cheap bastards.  Their plan to make more money is going to backfire when ppl. quit coming here.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »
Combining the boards = worst idea ever.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
According to one of the "cool"  ::) prelaw posters who allegedly knows all about everything on LSD, the pre-law and the student and grad boards are being combined for "financial reasons."

When voicing your opinion, expect the prelaw kids to get pretty cranky if you point out how much it sucks to have the unread post list swamped by all their crap.

lol, I saw that.

I understand wanting a separate board.  I get frustrated when threads that are important to me get lost in the shuffle, and I don't like it when they get hijacked with nonsense.  Nonetheless, it's not all that difficult to look at the student pages exclusively by starting at the main directory and sub-boards if you don't even want to look at the titles of threads on the pre-law board. 

I can't speak for J/The Hairless Guinea Pig, but I was responding more to the hostility and condescension of a particular poster than to the frustration about the changes in the board.  I don't think it's as big a deal as you guys seem to, but that's cool.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:05:56 PM »
These posts are coming from ppl. that have participated in the "on a scale from 1-10 how horny are you" thread.

Go back to the prelaw boards.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
I dont care to have 0Ls interjecting their personal beliefs about job prospects/studying/etc, when they have absolutely no grounds to base it on.  Before the sites were merged, there was the capability of having more mature/on topic conversations without idiots chiming in. 

pink cosmo, you are a good poster for now...

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
These posts are coming from ppl. that have participated in the "on a scale from 1-10 how horny are you" thread.

::shrugs::  If you didn't want to know how horny I was, I don't know why you ended up in the Haterade section.  It doesn't show up in the last 200 posts, after all.  

I guess I don't see how my high post-count or my participation in some social nonsense devalues the things I say in serious threads.  For instance, I frequently post and respond to messages from 0Ls and 1Ls about my school, scholarship retention, etc.  I also like to have general discussion about the law with smart law students elsewhere whom I've gotten to know through LSD (see, e.g., Post Your Interesting News Articles thread on BLSD).  

I dont care to have 0Ls interjecting their personal beliefs about job prospects/studying/etc, when they have absolutely no grounds to base it on. 

I agree: it's annoying.  (My school is a particular target of a lot of nonsense about job placement, for instance.  It sometimes drives me crazy.)  But I also think it's not that hard to point out that someone is clueless or doesn't have any grounds for his or her opinion in the context of a particular discussion.  Why not save this kind of opprobrium for people who deserve it, who are actually muddying up your threads, instead of making general assumptions about the traffic that's going to come from the pre-law board?  Frankly, most of the threads over here are pretty boring to 0Ls, I'd imagine.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 02:51:05 PM »
ehh... there was a reason i made the transition between boards.

that said, I hate law school. (completely irrelevant, but whatever)

how come now I have to edit f*ck and sh*t myself so that they dont turn it into something stupid and mess up my train of thought?