Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question on the Lenovo Warranty  (Read 510 times)

Waiting for Those Letters

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cardozo Class of 2011
    • View Profile
    • LSN!!!!
Question on the Lenovo Warranty
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:14:39 AM »
So, I decided to dish out the extra bucks and purchase the X61. Now, which warranty should I get? There are too many, and I am not the most knowledgable person when it comes to computers.
Also, one other concern I have is that this company is website based only, and so doesn't it get expensive to ship parts or the laptop to them everytime as opposed to going directly to a store??

spotonjane

• View Profile
Re: Question on the Lenovo Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 04:47:40 AM »
ummm. I just studied for 16 hours and then drank for 3 so I'm a little bit off right now. BUT, Lenovo is good, I am pretty sure they have basically taken over the IBM laptop line, which are generally dependable as long as you get a trackpad instead of the little button in the middle of the keyboard. So no worries there. The warranty question is great (I'm taking sales right now), depends on how important this purchase is to you. The hardware will probably be okay, but I think a 3 year is generally in line with people expectations and would probably take an onsite rather than a deal where you have to ship to them constantly and have an indeterminate result. I'd spend the money on a decent warranty, but check with them first - they don't have adequate information as to what the differences in warranties are on their website (does on site mean you can drop it at a retailer?). Regardless, I generally buy extra protection as laptops tend to die on me. Have fun with your purchase.