Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your Son Or Daughter In 20 Years  (Read 1596 times)

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Your Son Or Daughter In 20 Years
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:24:21 AM »
In 20 years, your son or daughter comes to you and tells you that he/she are planning on attending law school. Unfortunately, your child only scored a 150 on the LSAT and was only able to get into T3/T4 schools. Would you tell your child to go to law school, do you believe it would be worth the investment for him/her to go to law school, knowing ahead of time that job prospects will be dismal upon graduation?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Your Son Or Daughter In 20 Years
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:48 AM »
I'd tell him/her to go to law school anyway, and I'd pay those tuition bills CASH.

officeguy

• ? ? ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »
In 20 years, your son or daughter comes to you and tells you that he/she are planning on attending law school. Unfortunately, your child only scored a 150 on the LSAT and was only able to get into T3/T4 schools. Would you tell your child to go to law school, do you believe it would be worth the investment for him/her to go to law school, knowing ahead of time that job prospects will be dismal upon graduation?
    By then maybe the ABA would of realized there are too many law school and stripped the T3/T4's of their accreditation....
"I want an anti-gravity machine. I saw it in a movie. You drink the potion, and then you just start floating all around"

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »
I'd tell him/her to go to law school anyway, and I'd pay those tuition bills CASH.

And by CASH, I mean $100 bills in an envelope.

argo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »

And by CASH, I mean $100 bills in an envelope.

We get, Chrissy  ;)
--
"And that is what is so great about the Internet. It enables pompous blowhards to connect with other pompous blowhards in a vast circle-jerk of pomposity."

-Bill Maher

mertmengelmier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
This is assinine, many T3 and T4 graduates end up with great, well-paying jobs.  Encourage your kids, if you can't, maybe you're the moron.
Obsessively checking a site that really helps us all little.

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »
I thought the LSD default answer was always: retake the LSAT and reapply next cycle. It's good enough advice for internet strangers but not for our own children?

Harsh Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »

Even if your son or daughter brilliantly finishes at the bottom of the class, he or she may still have a job working for the government, defending guilty criminals or illegal immigrants, that still pays $50K, which is still a job, it's better than being unemployed.  He'll just have to eat instant Ramen noodle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the 10 years paying back the loans.  But that's well worth the price in the pursuit of justice.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »
Considering that 20 years from now, any child of mine will be (at most) 19 1/4 yrs old, I'll tell him or her to wait until he/she's a grownup to go to law school. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
Considering that 20 years from now, any child of mine will be (at most) 19 1/4 yrs old, I'll tell him or her to wait until he/she's a grownup to go to law school. 

titcr

I thought the LSD default answer was always: retake the LSAT and reapply next cycle. It's good enough advice for internet strangers but not for our own children?

I'd tell my kid the same.  I'd just stress the debt and possibility of not finding a job.  However, if they still wanted to go, I'd support them.
Columbia 3L