;

Poll

Do you want to try it?

Yes.
 10 (52.6%)
No.
 9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Cheesy Bacon BK Wrapper  (Read 3677 times)

boilerguy84

• "I've got something to say..."
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesy Bacon BK Wrapper
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 10:44:31 AM »

For those of you living up north, did McDonald's just add the new Chicken biscuit to the breakfast menu or is that just in the south?  If so, its pure breakfast heaven - on a biscuit.

i hate mcdonald's, so i don't have an answer to that question. however, arby's and hardee's have had those forever.
"read a book."
Depaul '11

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
I haven't had *fast food* in almost a year. (Have had Panera and Qdoba several times, but those don't count, right?) My b/f is kinda of a health nut and would give me a hard time.

I would order the same thing off the menu at a sit-down restaurant (Say...Red Robin?). It seems less bad for you if it comes on a washable plate and not in a wrapper...

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 01:33:37 PM »
I haven't had *fast food* in almost a year. (Have had Panera and Qdoba several times, but those don't count, right?) My b/f is kinda of a health nut and would give me a hard time.

I would order the same thing off the menu at a sit-down restaurant (Say...Red Robin?). It seems less bad for you if it comes on a washable plate and not in a wrapper...

A buddy and I had a conversation about places like Panera.  Its an attempt at "upscale fast food".  There's a horrible stigma attached to fast food regarding it's quality and hospitality.  There's still a big market for fast and cost-effective, but have you ever heard of doctors spending their lunch at Taco Bell?  I think places like Panera are trying to advantage of all the things that made fast food a huge industry while minimizing the reasons why people eat their as a last resort.  A truly great business plan.

...maybe if Taco Bell had WiFi I would have camped out there on Monday when my net connection was out.  ;)

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »
But they come with a fresh-baked slice of ciabatta, not a stale, chewy bun that's been shipped from [insert far-away place here].
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »
I think we can all agree that there is a time and place for both Panera and McD's...

(Breakfast then lunch, respectively...)
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »
Coke when you want something spicy with a kick...

Pepsi when something sweet will hit the spot (and there's no DS around)...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
I've gotta vote for Panera (or, as it's still known around here, St. Louis Bread Company).  That's mostly due to nostalgia.

Coke FTW!
Diet Coke Plus FTWx2!!
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
The poll is neck-and-neck!

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »
I've gotta vote for Panera (or, as it's still known around here, St. Louis Bread Company).  That's mostly due to nostalgia.

Coke FTW!
Diet Coke Plus FTWx2!!

No, it's BREAD CO.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »

Coke FTW!
Diet Coke Plus FTWx2!!

No, it's BREAD CO.

This is correct.  I admit an unauthorized expansion of the abbreviation.