Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Con law - Crunchtime?  (Read 1617 times)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Con law - Crunchtime?
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:24:24 PM »
Anyone heard if CrunchTime for Con law is good? someone said the flow charts are helpful.. and i'm having a ton fo trouble trying to get all this stuff into my brain :(

bossofyou

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Con law - Crunchtime?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
con law is easy - no need for a supplement

write something about state action and run it through some strict scrutiny ... then, see if the commerce clause allows the fed. some power, blah blah ... finally, conclude that the states can't ban sodomy cause its a fundamental right ..giggity giggity ... Oh and its important to equally protect your sodomites...

A+ for you!

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
hardy har har

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
I have Chemerinsky, but some of the stuff my prof says is inconsistent with the treatise... per usual.

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
Crunchtime is good if you understand the basic concepts and only need help pulling them together. It so short and concise if definitely won't do you any good if you're struggling with a concept. Stick with Chemerinsky for that. Another upside, it is easy enough to read in a day or two.

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Con law - screwed
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 05:46:09 AM »
I feel incredibly screwed for this exam tomorrow. I want to throw up.

Plus, I got a cold over the weekend, so I feel like crap.

Ugh.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »
I felt that way about Conlaw when I took it.  It was my last exam, and I felt horribly unprepared.  I hadn't made my own outline, but instead printed out 2 or 3 outlines, one of which I had spent some time updating, I printed out class notes, tabbed and indexed the lot of it, and that was it.  I somehow got an A.  I think my analysis of the problems was good, and despite not understanding every nuance of the dormant commerce clause.

So don't freak yourself out too much, or you'll perform worse because before you walk into the exam, you're thinking you'll do horribly.  Just know that you're not the only one who has felt like this (it seems REALLY common for Con law, for some reason).  Go in, do your best, and then move on to the next exam (or celebrate finishing 1L, whichever comes next!)

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
I felt that way about Conlaw when I took it.  It was my last exam, and I felt horribly unprepared.  I hadn't made my own outline, but instead printed out 2 or 3 outlines, one of which I had spent some time updating, I printed out class notes, tabbed and indexed the lot of it, and that was it.  I somehow got an A.  I think my analysis of the problems was good, and despite not understanding every nuance of the dormant commerce clause.

So don't freak yourself out too much, or you'll perform worse because before you walk into the exam, you're thinking you'll do horribly.  Just know that you're not the only one who has felt like this (it seems REALLY common for Con law, for some reason).  Go in, do your best, and then move on to the next exam (or celebrate finishing 1L, whichever comes next!)

Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better. I feel like maybe it's like that for con law because it just seems so squishy. Ugh.

I can sort of relate with torts.. I never got torts, and I still don't get it, but I got an A also.. although I cried my eyes out after that exam because I thought I flunked.

We'll see how it goeeeeees....