Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted.  (Read 2152 times)

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Waitlisted.
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:01:57 PM »
So who's waiting on waitlists and what have you been doing to get in?

To whom much is given, much is expected.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:46:13 AM »
I don't know how much of a chance I have for getting off the UCLA waitlist, but if I do and you're still on the BC waitlist, we'll have to coordinate something.

jags

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »
UCLA, BU, BC.  Seeking aggressive treatment for senioritis to ensure I continue to raise my GPA, as it is definitely the primary reason I'm on these waitlists.  Then sending updated transcripts.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »
UCLA, BU, BC.  Seeking aggressive treatment for senioritis to ensure I continue to raise my GPA, as it is definitely the primary reason I'm on these waitlists.  Then sending updated transcripts.

Good luck, GPA was definitely a HUGE reason why I got these schools, too. Thank god I already graduated and don't have to deal with more finals.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
Well my SO just was the first person off the Vandy WL (I'm totally bragging because I'm so proud... I apologize ;))

But this is what he did:

- Flew to Vandy, took a tour and met with an admissions person.
- Sent in an additional rec, updated resume and LOCI through snail mail (which the admissions said they appreciated because most do email, and snail is more personal.
- Emailed the guy we met about a month after the snail mail package.
Vandy 1L... really?

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
Well my SO just was the first person off the Vandy WL (I'm totally bragging because I'm so proud... I apologize ;))

But this is what he did:

- Sent in an additional rec, updated resume and LOCI through snail mail (which the admissions said they appreciated because most do email, and snail is more personal.

What did the follow-up e-mail say?  Argh BC HEAR MY CRY.

Told him of his summer plans, focused more on why he loves Nashville (the LOCI focused on the school itself) essentially stressed if admitted he would attend.
Vandy 1L... really?

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »

But this is what he did:

1. I would fly to LA if it weren't TOTALLY unrealistic to do in the spur of the moment.
2. I sent add'l rec, and a snail mail package with a letter, brochure and DVD that my undergrad college featured me (and my dad) in to speak to prospective students about my college experience--PM me if you want to see the video online.
3. I sent an e-mail and several phone calls, and several more will follow...

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »
tag.  I've done the whole LOCI thing but I'm wondering how much a visit will really help me with Vanderbilt with my abysmal GPA.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
You sent a video DVD?

Also what do you say in these phone calls?

It's not my DVD, it's a college publication DVD that I was featured in...it's not like I filmed myself begging to get in, lol. It's a short DVD and it comes inside a brochure for prospective students. Since I'm featured in it, I thought I'd show them a little bit more about me and what I've done during ugrad.

These phone calls were basically me thanking them for being waitlisted and asking a few questions. I sounded pathetic because apparently UCLA's law school is technically called UCLA School of Law, which I always say backwards as UCLA Law School.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »
Mostly logistical questions...not any questions along the lines of how likely am I to get off the waitlist. I know they know I really want to get off the waitlist, so I'm not going to be overtly annoying about it. I'll call them back up in the future just to check if they received my package.