Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 0L Summer Internship Decision: Brown Rudnick vs. Edwards Angell  (Read 2248 times)

jetman820

• View Profile
    • Email

I'm heading to law school this upcoming fall but I have the opportunity to intern at either Brown Rudnick or Edwards Angell this summmer. I've heard 'don't do anything 0L summer' but I'm going to be working at one or the other so thats out of the question. Both will be paying the same and the tasks will more or less be the same as well. Which should I choose? I'd really appreciate any help

ksully

• View Profile
Re: 0L Summer Internship Decision: Brown Rudnick vs. Edwards Angell
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »
E&A especially if you are more interested in finacial services law.

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 0L Summer Internship Decision: Brown Rudnick vs. Edwards Angell
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:29 AM »
And what "work" will you be doing? I can't imagine they will let you do anything substantive. So what will you be doing? Working in the file room? Making copies?

Its a bad idea in my opinion to work for either one of these places as a 0L. Take your summer off and enjoy yourself. You won't really be doing yourself any favors by working at either place. Some people may know your name, so you might help yourself out slightly in terms of getting summer employment there later. But you could also get a bad rep there and screw yourself out of summer employment at either place. If you're dead set on wasting your time, I'd work at the place you feel more comfortable with the people.