Say you've been accepted by school A. Let's say school A anticipates making financial aid awards available at the beginning of June. And at the same time, say you're on the WL at school B. And let's say you prefer school B to school A. But let's say when school A makes your financial aid available, you have two weeks to accept or decline the award. And let's say school B estimates they will begin pulling students off their waitlist after the two week window at school A. Can you accept the financial aid award because if you don't get pulled off the WL at school B you'll need it? But what if you do get pulled off of the waitlist at school B? Since at least two of the loans are coming from the same place is it transferable? Is this situation handled differently on a school-by-school basis? Help?
You accept to school A, you pay your $ by their deposit deadlines to reserve your spot, then if you get into school B you just also pay their deposits and send in a letter of resignation to school A saying you're giving up your spot.
Thanks so much zardoz. After talking with someone at my undergrad I was starting to think the same thing. If this situation should arise, I will call school A just to clarify then post the results on this thread.