Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone wait listed for Samford???  (Read 1570 times)

laurenac

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone wait listed for Samford???
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:35:30 AM »
I was accepted at Mercer...but wait listed at Samford???? How long should I wait on the wait list? I have already made a first seat deposit at Mercer.

Also just got a new job working as a law clerk in a firm where both associates are Samford alum...think I should send a letter about this?

tconkli

• View Profile
Re: Anyone wait listed for Samford???
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »
I was rejected at Mercer, and waitlisted at Samford.  Samford is my absolute #1 choice.  Any advice/info about the waiting list?

laurenac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:12:29 AM »
I called admissions today. I was basically told to just be patient...list is unranked and they will not give details as to how deep it is. June 15 is deadline for 2nd deposits so some seats will prob open around then. If you are accepted, a phone call should come.

Not very helpful, are they?

tconkli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:42 PM »
Do you know if the list is ranked?

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »
I was rejected at Mercer, and waitlisted at Samford.  Samford is my absolute #1 choice.  Any advice/info about the waiting list?

Hold out for Samford. When someone asks you where you go, say 'Samford' really fast, and it kind of sounds like 'Stanford'.

HTH

laurenac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Wow...you're so right! I think that is exactly what I will do. Hold out for Samford for that very reason.

Maybe I will even write a letter to admissions to let them know that I have renewed interest in the school. In the letter, I may intentionally address it to "Stanford". That should really help my cause.

Thank you for all your very beneficial and encouraging help!