Law School Discussion

Calling all Current and Former Law Students

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Current and Former Law Students
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
I was about to be like, wait, ConLaw isn't a 1L class and then I remembered that my law school was just abnormal in that regard...hehe. :D

Anyway, I think that for Civ Pro in addition to E&E (which is really great for jurisdiction) you need EZ Rules to get your head around the FRCP.

I did a combinaton of Gilbert and E&E for K's. Didn't read the textbook except on days I was on call.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
I was about to be like, wait, ConLaw isn't a 1L class and then I remembered that my law school was just abnormal in that regard...hehe. :D

my school too.  We had 2 semesters  :o of property, torts, contracts, civ pro, (and legal writing). 

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »
Chemerinsky for Con Law

Seconded!

Also, Crunchtime for Contracts is the truth, Dressler's Understanding Crim Law is great from crim and Abraham for Torts.  The torts E&E is also pretty good, especially since it has helpful exam tips and sample questions at the end.  I recommend reading Chemerinsky straight through if you have time.  If not, read the first chapter or two to get a good overview, then focus on the chapters that your prof is focusing on. You should be able to read Dressler and Abraham straight through, since they're comparatively small and fairly easy to digest.  Crunchtime is useful for those last few weeks (days?) before exams.

Gilberts/Legalines are helpful for a general understanding/overview as you go along, especially if you get one that's keyed to your textbook.  You can either use them as a reference for topics that you're confused about or read along as you go.  I'm not a huge fan of the flash cards, but a lot of people are.