Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern  (Read 12863 times)

SWLOVER111

• View Profile
Re: Southwestern
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »
Hey guys,

There's hope!  I'm a lurker around here, but I registered just so that I can give some hope to my fellow waitlisters. 

I got a call from Southwestern on Friday (July 25).  An Admissions counselor asked me what my interest level was in attending Southwestern this Fall.  I told her I was extremely interested, she laughed, and told me to expect a packet in the mail in the next few days.  I asked her if this meant I was accepted and she said she wasn't allowed to say anything over the phone, but it looked pretty good.

After an anxious weekend, the packet came in the mail on Tuesday (July 29).  I'm in!  :D

Just wanted to let you all know not to give up!

Now to withdraw from my back-up school and make someone else on a waitlist happy...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! WELL-DESERVED!!!

Quick question for you!!! How were your scores? LSAT and GPA?????

Thanks!!!

wrigley305

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2008, 10:52:16 PM »
My LSAT score was a 166, but my GPA was horrible (2.5) because I got too wrapped up in my job during my sophomore/junior year.  Wrote an addendum about it, though, and had my employer write an additional letter explaining that I worked over 40 hours per week during that time, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

Good luck!!  :)

mpbca1980

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2008, 04:36:42 AM »
I got a call this week to gauge my level of interest. When I let them know just how interested I was, I was asked to come down and work on a registration packed and put in a seat deposit.