Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern  (Read 12911 times)

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:35 AM »
i plan to call them and keep pestering them
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »
If u do, please ask them how big is the WL? I am scared to call :( I did once a while ago and they didn't want to tell me exactly how many people are on the WL. :(

happy2bhere

• Future Lawyer - Class of 2027
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
I got waitlisted on March 27th. Then got a call from admissions last Friday asking if I was still interested. A big white envelope appeared in my mailbox yesterday with an acceptance letter!

Don't give up hope since more seats will probably become available as people miss their deposit deadlines. 

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »
Congratessss happy2bhere. that is really great. I hope I get a good news like that too. Do you mind if I ask what were your numbers?

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
Thanks for listing all that :) I just put traditional day (fulltime)..I did not choose any of the other ones, so maybe that brings my chances really really down.:(

lol as far as LSAT..I did really bad. I did 3 weeks of self study :(

spraydood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »
So how much money are you going to borrow for SW? What sort of salary are you expecting to make?

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
any news? did anyone else got off the WL? I am going crazy :(

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
Congrats to you Happy2bhere! I haven't heard anything myself.  >:( I'm going crazy over here trying not to think about it. I did indicate on the wait list letter that I was willing to be deferred to the PT program if the FT was full. Maybe you can have an excuse to pester them by calling and letting them know that you'd take a PT program as well if FT would not be available to you. Of course, that is IF you're willing to take that.

I also spoke to some buddies I have out there, and they said that you can transfer to the full time program once if you take the PT program. Good luck to everyone!

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Some positive things to think about. I checked this other website (though i'm not sure how accurate this information is -lsn), and there's 28 people on that forum who were actually accepted and withdrew their applications. And there's an additional 28 who were wait listed and withdrew their wait list application as well. And based on the rumor of a couple of hundred on the WL and this info, i think our odds have increased considerably. I'm sure this does little to ease the anxiety, but any crutch we can find at this point is helpful.

mac

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Some positive things to think about. I checked this other website (though i'm not sure how accurate this information is -lsn), and there's 28 people on that forum who were actually accepted and withdrew their applications. And there's an additional 28 who were wait listed and withdrew their wait list application as well. And based on the rumor of a couple of hundred on the WL and this info, i think our odds have increased considerably. I'm sure this does little to ease the anxiety, but any crutch we can find at this point is helpful.